There are many options when you talk about the best LED light bulbs for outdoor fixtures. But how do you choose the best LED bulbs for your fixtures?
Finding the best replacement bulbs for outdoor light is not an easy task. You need to consider a lot of things before you can say that they are the best LED light bulbs for outdoor fixtures. But how do we know that we are buying the best LED lights for our outdoor lamps?
- What Are LED Lights And What Are Their Advantages?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Are LED Lights Safe For Outdoor Use?
- Things To Know About LED Light For Outdoor Fixtures
- 5 Best LED Light For Outdoor Fixtures Reviews
LED lights (also known as Light Emitting Diode) are the latest technology in the lighting industry. LED lights are known to be the brightest and cost-effective light bulbs in the market. LED lights are not just made available for indoor lighting needs, but they have also been adapted in different lighting needs. Car headlights, outdoor fixtures, and lamps are just some of the things that use LED lights.
With the life span of the LED lights and the light it brings, it is no wonder that a lot of people are switching from ordinary bulbs to LED bulbs. It helps them save money and energy. Aside from that, they are more eco-friendly compared to the other bulbs in the market.
If you are one of the few who are currently making a switch from ordinary incandescent bulbs to the best LED light bulbs for outdoor enclosed fixtures, then you are in luck. In this article, we might just be able to answer the question “what are the best light bulbs for outside?”
Quick Comparison Table
|Sunco Lighting PAR38 (4 Pack)||15 Watts||1250 lumen|
|Sengled Motion Sensor Flood Lights||150W||1500 lumen|
|Gama Sonic GS-97B-F Solar Lamp||Solar-powered/ battery-powered||180 lumens|
|Cree Lighting Smart LED Bulb||120 Watts||1200 lumens|
|Xodus Innovations WP540E 5” Decorative Outdoor Light||Battery-powered|
Are LED Lights Safe For Outdoor Use?
Are LED light bulbs good for outdoor use? The answer is yes, they are. The LED light bulbs are the perfect bulb to use for the outdoor fixture. Down below are some of the reasons why they are considered the best outdoor bulbs in the market.
They Last Longer
LED lights can live up to 6 to 12 years. One LED bulb can last up to 50,000 hours before they reach the end of their life span.
With its life span, you won’t have to worry about changing them so often. It would take you 6 years before you can change the bulbs. Depending on the brand, some LED bulbs are a little bit pricey but given their lifespan, it’s the best investment that one can have.
Aside from that, LED lights are brighter compared to incandescent bulbs in the market. They can easily illuminate larger areas as well. They are highly durable and can work even during the cold seasons.
One of the main questions that many people often ask is “how do I choose an outdoor fixture for my house?” Down below are some of the tips that you need to consider when buying LED light bulbs for your outdoor fixtures.
Before buying an LED bulb for your outdoor fixture, you need to research LED wattage for outdoor light bulbs first. The standard wattage for an outdoor is commonly 100W. However, if your outdoor fixture is a floodlight, then you might want to go higher on the wattage.
Another thing that you need to consider is the length of the LED light bulb. When buying a new one for your outdoor fixtures, make sure that you measure its MOD properly to determine its MOL. By doing so, you will be able to find the perfect size that is compatible with your bulb.
Weather Resistance Rating
Another important factor that you need to check with your LED bulb is the weather resistance rating. Most professionals would recommend an IP44 but you should invest in a higher IP rating to ensure that your light bulb can work better even in dire conditions. Aside from the rating, make sure that you also research what are the best materials for outdoor lighting fixtures? This way, you will be able to attest if they are durable and weather resistant.
Brightness And Color Temperature
When buying an outdoor LED bulb, opt for LED bulbs with a higher Kelvin temperature. This means that your LED light bulb is brighter compared to the ones with lower Kelvin temperature.
Before buying one, make sure that you consider the bulb base. There are different kinds of bulb bases for LED bulbs. Make it a habit to check the socket and identify which bulb base is compatible.
Most LED light bulbs can last up to 6 to 12 years depending on their use. However, it can go further if you only use it during the night.
Most of the LED light bulbs have a warranty of 3 to 5 years. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only. However, the length of the warranties often varies depending on the brand.
5 Best LED Light For Outdoor Fixtures Reviews
Sunco Lighting PAR38 (4 Pack)
If you are looking for a perfect replacement for your security lights, then maybe the Sunco Lighting PAR38 is the best LED light for you. These LED light bulbs come in circular form and can fit in 6 inches recessed cans.
- It comes in 3 different Daylight Color.
- This model is waterproof which makes it the best outdoor light.
- It also comes with a photocell sensor which can automatically be on or off.
- It’s heavy-duty.
- It is very versatile and can be placed in any place.
- This bulb is also non-dimmable.
- Also UL certified which attests that it is safe to use.
- Some of their photocell sensors are defective. Make sure to check your bulb before buying.
Sengled Motion Sensor Flood Lights
This LED light bulb is one of the light bulbs that people are looking forward to using. Aside from being a PAR38, this LED light bulb is made from a synthetic polymer. It’s durable and non-dimmable, perfect to use for outdoor lighting fixtures.
- It comes with a 5000K daylight color which makes it bright.
- Equipped with a high-quality photocell sensor for automatic on and off.
- This is waterproof. It can withstand the wear and tear of harsh weather conditions.
- It is easy to install.
- Also has an Always-on Mode which helps illuminate dark areas in your home.
- It has a highly sensitive motion center that can sense motion 100 degrees
- This is safe to use, be it indoors or outdoors.
- There are times that bulbs are on even in the mornings.
Gama Sonic GS-97B-F Solar Lamp
If you are one of the few who are opting for solar LED lamps, then the Gama Sonic GS-97B-F is the lamp for you. It comes with a Medieval English-lamp fixture with a solar panel on the top. It gives your outdoor space a romantic and classic look.
- It is self-sustaining. It uses solar energy as its power source.
- Its lifespan is up to 10 years.
- It is wireless. No need to use power cords to make it work.
- This is easy to install. You just need to place it in the desired area.
- This lamp is also weather resistant. It can withstand the wear and tear of daily usage.
- Also comes with a photocell sensor which automatically turns on and off.
- It is also easy to clean and maintain.
- It doesn’t have that bright Daylight Temperature that you are looking for.
Cree Lighting Smart LED Bulb
If you are one of the few who are into smart home gadgets, the Cree Lighting Smart LED bulb is the perfect one for you. This LED light bulb can be used for indoor and outdoor fixtures. It gives off a bright white color to illuminate your outdoor space.
- You can connect this with your Smart Home Device.
- You can connect this LED light through WiFi and Bluetooth.
- It has a sun feature which can mimic different kinds of natural lighting to give you a more comfortable aura inside your home.
- It is versatile; you can use it inside or outside.
- Aside from its versatility, this device is waterproof.
- It can automatically turn on and off with its voice activation feature.
- You can change the lighting color with the use of the mobile app.
- Compatibility issues with the device and the LED light bulb.
Xodus Innovations WP540E 5” Decorative Outdoor Light
If you are particular with aesthetics, then this LED light bulb might be your best option. It comes in a circular form littered with tiny lights. It gives you that steady light or blinking lights depending on how you want it to be.
- It is battery-powered.
- Its design makes it perfect for outdoor patios and fairy lights for trees.
- Comes in various colors to choose from.
- It is shatter-resistant.
- This also comes with a photocell sensor that can illuminate your outdoor space for 8 hours straight.
- Aside from outdoor lights, it can also be a perfect décor inside or outside your house.
- They are also cordless, which makes them easy to install.
- The colored one makes the lights dimmer.
Finding the best LED light bulbs for outdoor fixtures doesn’t have to be a complicated procedure. However, before buying one, you must do your research. This way, you will be able to maximize what kind of bulb that you are looking for in your home. You can opt for the natural, the smart one, or the solar efficient ones. It would always boil down to how you want your light bulb to be.