The best chainsaw for cutting firewood doesn’t have to be the most expensive one in the market. You just need the perfect chainsaw to fit your needs.
Finding the best chainsaw for cutting firewood may or may not be the easiest thing to do. There are tons of things that you need to consider. Aside from that, they tend to be a little pricey. However, investing in a good chainsaw for cutting firewood can do so many things for you.
- Does The Chainsaw Chain Matter When Cutting Firewood?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick 2022
- Chainsaw Chain Types And Uses
- What Is The Best Size Chainsaw For Cutting Firewood?
- What Is The Best Chainsaw For Cutting Firewood?
Yes, the chainsaw chain plays a vital role in choosing a chainsaw for chopping firewood. Chainsaw chains come in different tooth types and components. These two will help you choose which kind of chainsaw can cut through the type of woods that you have in your area.
Quick Comparison Table
|Greenworks 20262 Chainsaw
|DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw
|CRAFTSMAN 42cc-16 S165 (2020 Model)
|COOCHEER Gas Chainsaw 62cc
|N16CSCT 40V Chainsaw
What is the best chainsaw for logging? This is one of the most commonly asked questions whenever we talk about our best chainsaw in 2022. Our top pick for this title would be the Greenworks 20262 Chainsaw.
This chainsaw is known for its durability as well as its cutting capacity. It may not be considered a commercial chainsaw but its power and capacity make it one of the best chainsaws in both commercial and residential.
Chainsaw Chain Types And Uses
Chainsaw chains are designed in two different categories. We have the teeth and the sequence. The teeth are divided into three types; the full chisel, semi-chisel, and low-profile while the chain arrangement is also divided into full component, skip, and semi-skip.
This type of chainsaw chain is the best chainsaw chain for cutting hardwood trees with higher speed. A lot of people usually ask the question: what is the fastest cutting chainsaw chain?
Experts would often refer to the full chisel as the best one for this category. This is because of their square-shaped teeth which makes it easier to penetrate hardwood and thick trunks at high speed.
The semi-chisel chainsaw chain differs in terms of shape. Its teeth are round. They work best on softwood and they are often used with lower speed.
This type of chainsaw chain is pretty much the same as semi-chisel cutters. They can cut various trees in cold or dirty areas. They are the perfect chainsaw for beginners. They are much safer to use compared to full chisels and semi-chisel.
● Chain arrangement
A full component is a type of chain arrangement that you often see in a bigger chainsaw. It usually measures up to 24 inches. They work better for rough surfaces and hardwood. They are the best chainsaw for cutting big logs
This arrangement differs completely against the full component. One of the best things about this arrangement is that it leaves a smooth finish on the wood.
They are considered the standard arrangement for chainsaws with bars up to 24 inches long. This chainsaw is the best chainsaw for furniture making and even wood carving and sculpting.
The semi skip is a chain arrangement that is mixed with these two. However, the different thing about the semi-skip is that it is often used for professional and high-volume cutting. Its arrangement makes it a lot easier for the chainsaw to cut smoother surfaces with no problems at all.
Most of us are still looking for the answer: what is the best size chainsaw for cutting firewood? Down below are some of the things that you need to consider when choosing one aside from the size.
Another important thing that you need to consider is the size of the chainsaw. Normally, a 10-14 inches chainsaw bar works well for people who are only using it for cutting firewood. However, if you are planning on using it on something bigger like cutting big trees, then it is advisable to get a chainsaw with 14 inches to 20 inches chainsaw bar.
There are two types of chainsaws available in the market. We have gas-powered and cordless chainsaws. It usually depends on your preference on which of these two will work out for you.
The type of wood also matters. Regardless of how many times you search “how to cut firewood” on the internet but you are using the wrong chainsaw chain, it won’t cut at all. You should do your research on the best chainsaw for which types of woods.
Lastly, the brand matters. Whenever you search for the best chainsaw in the market, you will always see “best Stihl chainsaw for cutting firewood” on the search page. Stihl is one of the best brands when it comes to chainsaws and home maintenance equipment. Thus, you must consider the brand of your chainsaw before buying one.
1. Greenworks 20262 Chainsaw
If you are looking for a heavy-duty but light chainsaw to help you chop firewood, then this might be the best chainsaw for you. It comes with a bright neon green and black ensemble with a white Greenworks logo on its chain.
- This best electric chainsaw for cutting firewood is equipped with a heavy-duty 48V G-MAX battery.
- It has the perfect chainsaw bar of 12 inches.
- Equipped with a 3/8 inch chain pitch to help lessen the kickback of the chainsaw.
- Comes with an automatic oiler for easy chain maintenance.
- It comes with a transparent oiler to easily see the oil level.
- The ergonomic design makes it easier to use the chainsaw safely and comfortably.
- Easy and fast-charging battery and charger.
- This is not compatible with an ordinary 48V battery from Greenworks.
2. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw
With its yellow and black ensemble, the DeWalt 20V Max XR Chainsaw easily stands out in your shed. It comes with a compact and solid design to give the user better control whenever they are using it when cutting firewood or trimming tree branches.
- Best electric chainsaw for cutting a log with its 90 cuts per battery.
- It comes with a low-kick bar design for maximum safety.
- Equipped with a 12 inches bar and chain.
- Very lightweight and handy.
- It has a powerful built-in brushless motor for high-power cutting.
- No need to use a tool for chain tensioning.
- You can easily tighten proper bar clamping with the bar tightening knob.
- The oil reservoir cap keeps taking off.
- The Manual is not precise and very misleading.
3. CRAFTSMAN 42cc-16 S165 (2020 Model)
A notable feature that we all like with the Craftsman 42cc-16 S165 (2020) is its power source. The chainsaw is gas-powered. It comes with a high-performing 42cc engine with a 16 inches chain and bar. It’s a perfect chainsaw for residential and commercial use.
- Low kickback and minimal vibration.
- Durable plastic parts.
- Easy start button for faster engine starting.
- Transparent oil reservoir, you can easily see the level of the gasoline.
- It comes with a comfortable handle to give you a better grip on the chainsaw.
- The chainsaw is big but lightweight.
- Automatic oiler for easy chainsaw maintenance.
- The gas tank capacity is too small.
4. COOCHEER Gas Chainsaw 62cc
If you are looking for a cheap but heavy-duty chainsaw, then you might want to consider getting the COOCHEER Gas Chainsaw. This chainsaw comes with a 62cc engine for heavy-duty cutting. Aside from that, it comes with a 20 inches chain and bar.
- Its large chain and bar can cut thicker trees in the area.
- A versatile chainsaw that you can use for residential and commercial use.
- Wear-resistant chains
- The two-stroke engine helps the chainsaw to be more environmentally- friendly.
- The ergonomic design makes it a lot easier to work.
- It comes in two colors to choose from; Red and Yellow.
- Equipped with a Gasoline Filtering System feature to ensure better engine health and air filter.
- It takes a long time to start.
5. Sun Joe ION16CSCT 40V Chainsaw
With its trademark yellow-green color, the Sun Joe ION15CSCT Chainsaw is equipped with a powerful brushless motor. It has a 16 inches chain and bar which is perfect to use to cut firewood during the winter season.
- It comes with an eco-friendly ION battery.
- The battery charges fully after 3 hours.
- The instant start button is located strategically on the handles.
- This chainsaw doesn’t produce any fumes or gas because it is battery-powered.
- Aside from chopping firewood, it can also be used to cut soft tree woods.
- Easy to maintain since it is battery-powered.
- Tool-free adjustment setting; you don’t need to use tools to adjust the bar and chain.
- You need to buy the battery and charger separately.
- It is not as durable compared to its competitor.
Finding the best chainsaw for cutting firewood is not a difficult task. You need to consider the size, the power source, the types of chainsaw, and even the wood. This way, you will be able to find the best one for your needs.
Make sure to do your research and check out some of our best recommendations of the best chainsaw for firewood in the market.