Looking for the best fixed line trimmer head for your broken and old trimmer? Make sure to check this article to get the best deal out of your money.
Broken trimmer line heads are not that hard to replace. Most people tend to throw them out when they learn they’re broken. However, you just need to find the best fixed line trimmer head replacement for the broken part. It’s a cheaper and easier option for your needs.
- What Do We Use Line Trimmers For?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick 2022
- Fixed-Line Trimmer Head Vs Bump Feed
- How To Use The String Trimmer
- 1. Wear Your Protective Gear: Working Gloves, Goggles, And Pants
- 2. Place The Trimmer Head Level And Parallel With The Ground.
- 3. Walk Into The Direction Wherein The Leaves Would Fall Into The Lawn
- 4. Tip The Trimmer If You Want To Use It As An Edger
- 5. Use The Trimmer As A Leaf Blower To Blow The Debris Towards The Lawn
- The Best Line Trimmer Head Replacements Reviews 2022
What Do We Use Line Trimmers For?
A lot of people have been asking the question “what is the most reliable string trimmer?” without even understanding what a line trimmer is for. A line trimmer plays an important role in your garden. It generally cuts your grass, especially if you have a smaller property.
It also cuts the edges of your lawn to keep it clean and pleasantly looking and cuts the weeds that are slowly growing in your garden. The trimmer line head is the one that does the cutting and edging.
So, what is a fixed trimmer head? A fixed trimmer head is that important attachment that you need to keep your lawn neat. Without it, you might have to resort to other possible methods of cleaning, edging, and trimming your garden lawn.
Quick Comparison Table
|Weed Warrior 16741B EZ Lock
|3.50 x 6.50 x 10.10 Inches
|Superior durability and is abrasion-resistant
|Universal Aero-Flex Replacement Head - Four Flex Blades
|6.5 x 0.1 x 0.5 inches
|Flexible but heavy-duty stringer lines.
|Weed Warrior Autowinder 2 (16932)
|3.38 x 6.43 x 10.13 inches
|Easy line changing
|Tecomec Universal Fixed Head Replacement
|7.87 x 7.87 x 7.87 inches
|Compact and heavy-duty design
|Echo 99944200220 Aluminum Fixed Head Replacement
Our Top Pick 2022
A lot of people often ask what fixed trimmer line do professionals use? There are tons of options for the best-fixed trimmer line. But for us, it’s the Weed Warrior 16741B EZ Lock. One of the reasons why it is our number one pick is because of its durability and versatility. Aside from that, it can be used for edging, trimming, and leaf blower.
There are tons of string trimmer head types. Down below are the several similarities and differences between fixed line trimmer head vs bump head
● Line Feeds
The bump heads and fixed head trimmer lines both use line feeds to cut the grasses on your lawn. However, despite the similarity, they also differ on the length of the line feed. For fixed trimmer lines often use a pre-cut trimmer line while the bump head uses a pre-loaded spool string to work.
● Number Of Openings
Both heads for line trimmers have openings on their heads. However, they vary in terms of number. For the bump head, you can see two openings from another side of the head. For the fixed head, you have the option to choose from 2 openings or a 4 line trimmer head.
In terms of functionality, both types of string trimmer work well. However, they have different methods in terms of cutting. With the fixed head trimmer, you can cut with a thicker and bigger area by putting a long line on the fixed head line trimmer. While the bump head trimmer line uses its continuous line to cut a larger and denser area as well.
In terms of power, both of these trimmer head line trimmers excel well in terms of cutting power. Bump heads are known to cut well because of the continuous line coming from its head. The cutting power of fixed head line trimmers comes from the type of strings used.
The thicker and stronger the string used, the stronger its cutting power. Thus, the fixed head trimmer line is the best trimmer head for commercial use.
1. Wear Your Protective Gear: Working Gloves, Goggles, And Pants
Before you start using your string trimmer, make sure to wear your protective gear. Make sure to wear your work gloves, goggles, and pants. This will protect you from the debris.
2. Place The Trimmer Head Level And Parallel With The Ground.
Now that you’re ready, place your fixed line trimmer head level and parallel with the ground. This will help you gauge the right height of the grass to be cut. From there, make sure that you moved along with the same height.
3. Walk Into The Direction Wherein The Leaves Would Fall Into The Lawn
Since the line trimmer head would move in a counter-clockwise direction, make sure that you move into the direction where the leaves will fall into the lawn. This will make it easier to clean, especially if you are going to mow your lawn after trimming.
4. Tip The Trimmer If You Want To Use It As An Edger
If you want to clean the edges, make sure to tip the trimmer to a certain angle. This way, you can easily clean the edges with no problems.
5. Use The Trimmer As A Leaf Blower To Blow The Debris Towards The Lawn
With a sweeping motion, place the trimmer a few inches away from the pavement. Move your trimmer towards the direction.
1. Weed Warrior 16741B EZ Lock
The Weed Warrior is considered the best universal trimmer head replacement. This trimmer head line is known for its durability. It can be used for trimming, edging, cutting, and other lawn maintenance. It can fit lines from 0.080 to 0.095.
- It’s compatible with most brands of fixed head trimmer line replacement.
- Easy to install.
- Have different kinds of line size.
- The rugged design gives the replacement fixed head trimmer line a durable build.
- The lines are very durable. It takes time before one string breaks.
- It is easy to cut and replace the lines.
- Aside from grasses, it can also cut small plants like shrubs.
- Some of the grass gets stuck inside the head from time to time.
2. Universal Aero-Flex Replacement Head – Four Flex Blades
Another replacement head that had garnered some of the best string trimmer head reviews is the Universal Aero-Flex Replacement head. This replacement head comes with bi-colored strings and a black fixed head line.
- Easy to install.
- Flexible but heavy-duty blades.
- Works well and runs at a lower speed.
- Compatible with most brands of line trimmers in the market.
- It cuts well; it can even cut small trees.
- Upon purchase, you get three sets of blades.
- Best customer service
- Instructions are too hard to read.
- The plastic head is not as durable as most people would say.
3. Weed Warrior Autowinder 2 (16932)
This replacement head comes in a dark grey color. This replacement head comes with an easy insert method for the strings and cranks the knob, then you are ready to start using this replacement head on your line trimmer.
- It comes with a heavy-duty design intentionally made for cleaning edges and trimming.
- Upon purchase, you have the replacement parts needed for its installation.
- Highly compatible with almost all brands of line trimmers in the market.
- Aside from the easy string insert, it is also easy to install into your line trimmer.
- You can easily change the line without opening the head.
- It fits line sizes with 0.080 to 0.105.
- Spool feed is doing well. No need to worry about tangles.
- If you aren’t familiar with mechanical installments, then this is not a replacement head for you.
- The pump head doesn’t last long.
4. Tecomec Universal Fixed Head Replacement
One notable feature of this replacement head is its slimmer and compact design. Unlike the other one mentioned, the Tecomec Universal Fixed Head Replacement looks smaller and compact. It comes with 4 openings for the pre-cut string lines.
- It is made from the best materials from Italy.
- Compatible with most Stihl, Ryobi, Echo and Husqvarna line trimmers.
- The installation instructions are detailed and easy to install.
- Very easy to load.
- The head is solid and highly durable.
- Changing the strings only needs a button.
- If paired with a .105 line, it does superb cutting on your grass and bushes.
- Some of the attachments don’t work.
5. Echo 99944200220 Aluminum Fixed Head Replacement
This replacement head is made from cast aluminum alloy. It’s a heavy-duty replacement that you need for your device. It works perfectly well with all types of line trimmers available in the market. It works well with brush cutters that are equipped with 30cc.
- Heavy-duty. The whole head is made from aluminum cast iron.
- It is highly compatible with all kinds of line trimmers in the market.
- Because of its manual replacement, you don’t need to worry about tangled lines.
- Compatible with .150” line.
- The cutting performance is very impressive.
- Upon purchase, you will also receive the complete attachments.
- It works well with engines below 30cc
- The head is not easy to install.
Buying the best fixed line trimmer head needs a lot of things to consider. You need to consider the type of head you want and its usage. By doing so, you can choose the best fixed string trimmer head for your gardening needs.
So before buying one, make sure to do your research in terms of the type of heads, uses, and compatibility. This way, you can find the best one to suit your needs.