Getting the best sprinkler valves can be a challenge. There are a lot of things that you need to consider. With this article, it is easier to choose the perfect one for your needs.
As a fellow gardener, having the best sprinkler valve is one of the necessary investments that one should have. However, finding the best one deems to be a challenge. There are a lot of things that you need to consider before you find the perfect one for your garden or farm.
- Why Buy A Sprinkler Valve?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Frequently Asked Questions About Sprinkler Valves
- Best Sprinkler Valves Reviews
Why Buy A Sprinkler Valve?
A sprinkler valve is an attachment used in the sprinkler system. The sprinkler valve helps distribute the pressurized water on larger areas. It lessens the manual effort of watering your farm manually. This garden and farm tool is a perfect addition to help you save time and energy on working on your farm. It lessens your worry about how to maintain a larger yard or larger garden or farm.
Finding the best sprinkler valves can be tedious. The best way to find sprinkler valves is by simply reading reviews and asking professional plumbers. This way, it will help you pinpoint which type of sprinkler valve will work for you. Remember, there are different kinds and designs for sprinkler valves in the market.
Quick Comparison Table
|Rainbird CP-075 Sprinkler Valve||Thermoplastic||M605 rope mower|
|Rain Bird DASASVF075 Professional Sprinkler Valve||Thermoplastic||Self-Propelled Select Cut- NO BATTERY/CHARGER|
|Toro 53708 Underground Sprinkler Valve||Thermoplastic||Toro 53708 Underground Sprinkler Valve|
|Orbit 57624 Sprinkler System||Thermoplastic||46-Inch Hydrostatic 23 HP|
|Orbit Brass Manual Sprinkler System||Brass||Hydrostatic EZT transmission|
Frequently Asked Questions About Sprinkler Valves
What’s The Best Professional Sprinkler Valve?
When choosing the best professional sprinkler valve, consider its material and easy installation process. The Rain Bird DASASVF075 Professional Sprinkler Valve is one of the professional sprinkler valves that we can recommend for commercial farms and gardens.
What’s The Best Automatic Sprinkler Valve?
When choosing the best automatic sprinkler, make sure to check the power source and your controller compatibility. This way, you won’t have to worry about sudden malfunctions when using an automatic sprinkler valve. The Rain Bird CP075 Automatic In-line Sprinkler Valve may be the best one for this category.
What’s The Best Location For A Sprinkler?
When choosing the best location for your sprinkler valves, you need to consider the number of zones in your garden or farm. It includes the bushes, trees, grasses, etc. You should also consider the water required by each zone. This way, you can easily determine the location and the type of sprinkler valve for your farm or garden. You should create a map to help you determine the possible locations for your sprinkler valves.
How To Install A Sprinkler Valve?
Down below are the steps on how to install sprinkler valves on your own. Regardless of whether you are using a metered source or a basement source, you can still use these procedures.
- Turn off the mainline before you start working.
- If the meter is in your garden, dig the lines that you want to install your sprinkler valve. If you want to put it in your other zones, then dig through the ground where you want to put your sprinkler valves.
- Tie the service line near the water meter and the house. This is to avoid water from being contaminated.
- Remove the part of a suction pipe where you want to place the sprinkler valve. Slide on the compression tee.
- Slide the tee from both ends of the pipe. Then, tighten it until the rubber gasket is compressed against the pipe.
- Attach the short nipple of the valve with the use of PTFE tape on every connection of the tee.
- Install the shut-off valve.
- Make sure that the connection is always clean from any debris.
Why Are My Sprinkler Valves Leaking?
There are two possible reasons why your sprinkler valve is leaking. It could be that the seal broke or the head drainage is low. Thus, you must install your sprinkler valve with utmost care. If you are unsure of how to install sprinkler valves, then ask for a professional to help you. This way, you can avoid leaking before you can even start using it.
Best Sprinkler Valves Reviews
1. Rainbird CP-075 Sprinkler Valve
This automatic inline sprinkler valve is from one of the best sprinkler system makers in the world. The Rainbird CP-075 comes in an all-black ensemble. It is made from Polyvinyl Chloride and comes with 2 connection sizes which are 1 inch and .75 inches.
- It comes with a compact design that helps you save more space in your plot.
- It has that fail-safe design which ensures that you won’t have a problem of water contamination when the valve breaks.
- It has that rugged fitting which makes it easier to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Its manual bleed helps remove the debris stuck in the valve.
- It comes with an easy installation process for an easy DIY installation.
- Despite its sturdy plastic built with solenoid attachments, this sprinkler valve is sturdy.
- It is one of the standard valves in the market. It is compatible with most types of sprinkler systems.
- Sometimes the water flow regulating function doesn’t work.
2. Rain Bird DASASVF075 Professional Sprinkler Valve
This professional sprinkler valve is an above-ground sprinkler valve. It can be used as a manual and automatic sprinkler valve. It’s convenient for people with larger gardens and farms. It comes with a standard timer upon purchase.
- This professional-grade sprinkler valve is versatile. Its dual-function system makes it easier to switch from automatic and manual sprinkler systems.
- It comes with a reverse flow feature to lessen the stress on the diaphragm.
- It is easy to install. No need to dig on the service lines.
- It comes with an energy-saving solenoid and capture plunger.
- Its Buna-N diaphragm can withstand harsh water conditions.
- It is compatible with all types of pipes in new and old sprinkler systems.
- It comes in 2 sizes.
- Some of its parts are not that sturdy.
3. Toro 53708 Underground Sprinkler Valve
Aside from the Rain Bird, another best sprinkler valve brand that you should research is Toro. The Toro 53708 Underground Sprinkler Valve comes with 2 different designs; the jar and bowl designs.
- It is a heavy-duty underground sprinkler valve. It made for rough pipes, plumbing, and conduits.
- It comes with flow control features to help you control the water in your sprinkler system.
- The jar top design makes it easier to maintain.
- It’s highly compatible with all types of new and old sprinkler systems.
- It can be used as a manual or an automatic sprinkler valve.
- It has better coverage compared to other sprinkler valves.
- It is easy to install.
- Some of the valves can be defective. You should have them checked before buying them or get one with an easy return policy.
4. Orbit 57624 Sprinkler System
If you are planning to get a wireless sprinkler system, then the Orbit 57624 Sprinkler is your best option. This sprinkler valve is considered one of the best wireless sprinkler valves. It comes with a durable plastic material to endure everyday usage.
- It comes with an anti-siphon design to avoid water from back flowing.
- It comes with a sturdy, non-corrosive material.
- Its design helps filter chemicals and harmful elements in the water.
- It has a manual bleed screw for manual operations.
- It can be used with an automatic and manual sprinkler valve system.
- It comes with an adjustable flow system.
- It is safe to use and power-efficient.
- Some of its valves are defective as purchased. Make sure to double-check before using.
5. Orbit Brass Manual Sprinkler System
If you plan on getting a manual sprinkler system, then this Orbit Brass Manual Sprinkler System is the perfect option. It is made from sturdy brass material to ensure that any leakage won’t ever happen.
- It comes with an anti-siphon design that stops water contamination from happening.
- It comes with a flow adjustment controller to avoid water fogging and over-spraying.
- It works well with a 24-v electric sprinkler system.
- It has a manual on and off sprinkling system.
- It comes with a sturdy, state of the art brass body.
- It is sold in different kinds of packs to help you save more money.
- It comes in various sizes.
- Replacement parts are not as sturdy compared to their counterparts.
Indeed, finding the best sprinkler valves for your sprinkler system can be tedious. However, getting the best one can do a lot of things in your garden. It lessens the work and effort that you do. It helps you focus on expanding instead of tending to the tedious process of watering your plants on a daily basis. Do not hesitate in buying the best sprinkler system for your farm or lawn. Get yours now, and help your farm grow with your state-of-the-art sprinkler system.