Not all swamp pads have the same cooling capacity. Some absorb more warm air better than others. Take a look at our choices for the best swamp cooler pads.
- What Are Swamp Cooler Pads?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick 2022
- How Does A Swamp Cooler Work?
- Best Swamp Cooler Pads Review
What Are Swamp Cooler Pads?
Swamp pads are an important part of evaporative coolers that a lot of homeowners use in their homes. These pads are usually made of fibers that are woven together. Their main purpose is to hold water or hold any moisture to allow circulation of cool air in your home.
The best swamp cooler pads are also used to protect vegetation areas, as well as wildlife habitats. They help distribute the pressure from people traffic and heavy machines which could damage or disturb the condition of vegetation and organisms on the ground. If you specifically want pads for this purpose, then you need to do a lot of research as to what is the best type of swamp cooler pads for the type of soil or condition you have in your vegetation.
Quick Comparison Table
|Portacool Evaporative Kit
|6 x 12 x 48 inches
|Kuul comfort evaporative media
|Dial Mastercool Cooler Pad
|40 x 28 x 8 inches
|Known to be very resistant
|Mastercool Rigid Media Cooling Pad
|28.28 x 41.25 x 8 inches
|Has multi-layer design and is greenguard certified
|Hessaire Brown Cooler Pads
|21 x 23 x 5 inches
|Works quietly and cools the air efficiently
|WEN 6.5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
|13.6 x 16.1 x 13.8 inches
|Has a unique angled design and has long-lasting cooling effect
Our Top Pick 2022
The five best swamp cooler pads on the list have good customer reviews. But one product that is worth the money would be the Portacool Evaporative Kit. This is a genuine and high-quality replacement cooler pad. Customers in the U.S.A. do not have problem contacting customer support as this is also manufactured in the country.
On top of that, Portacool’s evaporative media called Kuul Comfort is regarded by many as effective and impressive. You may get the same replacement evaporative cooler pads cost cheaper, but considering its performance, customer support, and durability, Portacool Evaporative Kit is clearly the best choice.
How Does A Swamp Cooler Work?
To put it simply, coolers are used in high humidity places to make warm summer months bearable and a lot more comfortable. To help you understand how this tool works, we will explain its 4 main parts.
1. Water Supply Valve
Basically, the cooler has a valve with water in it. This valve helps bring water into the cooler pads for swamp coolers. The valve will continuously pour water onto the bottom parts of the cooler until it reaches the recommended level. The valve will then automatically close.
Once the water is at a certain level, the pump will then help transfer the water from the bottom of the swamp cooler to the cooler pads. To do this, water distribution lines can be accessed on top of the pads, This allows you to “pump” more water into the pads whenever you feel like the air in your home isn’t cool enough.
3. Cooler Pads
Now the water has reached the cooler pads. Then the warm air goes through the pads, cooling them in the process before the air gets blown out again out this time in a much cooler temperature. This is when the evaporative cooling happens. The water basically cools the warm air, making you feel refreshed and comfortable.
4. Blower Vent
The last step happens when the now cool air gets pulled and the blower forces them out through the vent and into your house. In this process, you will get a consistent supply of cool and refreshing air circulation in your home.
You can watch this video, to understand better how the most efficient swamp cooler pads system works:
Best Swamp Cooler Pads Review
1. Portacool Evaporative Kit
One of the main concerns of online shoppers is the customer support that is offered by the shop or the brand where they bought the product from. Luckily, with Portacool Evaporative Kit, you will get the best of both worlds.
This replacement cooler pad is not just known to have amazing cooling performance, but also a stellar customer support review. The product is manufactured in the U.S.A., so customer service can be easily reached and appropriate support is a lot easier.
Also, it boasts features and technology that make its cooling performance effective and consistent. With its 5.4 pounds weight and 6 x 12 x 48 inches dimensions, this evaporative pads are the perfect replacement pads for cooler models PAC2K36HPVS, PAC2K361S, PACJS2601A1, and PAC2K363S.
- Certified to be genuine
- It is engineered, designed and manufactured in the USA.
- This evaporative kit is specifically engineered for heavy-duty cooling operations.
- Materials are made from good quality ones.
- It is equipped with kuul comfort evaporative media which works efficiently, giving your home a cool and comfortable air supply.
- This is also compatible in at least 4 models of the same Portacool brand.
- The brand also ships quickly within the USA.
- Maintenance of the product is also easy and does not create confusion.
- A lot of fake and imitations are available online and it is so easy to get swayed to buy them online as they are cheaper.
- May not be compatible with other evaporative cooler brand
2. Dial Mastercool Cooler Pad
Next on the list is this 3438 Mastercool Cooler Pad which is slightly bigger than Portacool. This swamp cooler pad kit is very easy to use and has an incredible resistance to moisture and temperature.
Customers loved how the kit absorbed dry warm air into pads, instantly cooling them and blowing out cool refreshing air to your home. It also has an exact fit and is true to size, so you can easily check sizes and weight with ease online.
- The product is delivered fast and transaction is easy.
- The materials of the pads have high resistance, making it last longer than the average cooler pads in the market.
- It works so well, by pulling water and spreading this into all parts of the pad, so you won’t have problems with evaporative cooler pads not getting wet enough.
- When it comes to performance, the Mastercool cooler pad kit have a slightly average rating as per customer reports.
- It is equipped with good quality raw materials.
- More affordable than most cooler pads sold online.
- It is recommended to check the foam insert to make sure they fit and fill the gap of your cooler. This way, you can get the most out of its cooling system.
- Some customers reported some weird smell from the pads. Hence, it is better to check you only buy from authorized shops online.
- It is manufactured in China, so customer support might be difficult.
3. Mastercool Rigid Media Cooling Pad
This swamp cooling pad is yet another popular product in the market. It is famous for its multi-layer design that allows the pads to work efficiently and effectively. In addition, the pads can also be installed so easily and that the construction of the materials is highly durable and well designed.
For instance, the material alone is made from premium celdek media which has high efficiency, strength, and durability. It is also certified to be safe, non-toxic.
- The pads are of premium quality, so you know it is worth the money.
- Being greenguard certified means it has no harmful emissions, so you and your family are safe.
- Its size and dimensions are perfect for most evaporative cooler brands.
- The material’s durability means you get to use the pads for a longer period.
- You can easily install these pads without any issue.
- Safe to use with people diagnosed with asthma and allergies.
- The best swamp cooler pads kit in terms of durability and compatibility with most cooler brands.
- They could stink after some time of using them.
4. Hessaire Brown Cooler Pads
If you are looking for the most affordable swamp cooler pads that still do the job great, then this is your best pick. It costs way cheaper than the other cooler pads on this list. But it performs well. This is the perfect replacement pds for MC37 cooler media of teh same brand.
- It works well and can cool an average room without any issue.
- Thus replacement pads have the perfect fit for MC37 evaporative coolers.
- Many considered this to be well priced, considering its performance and features.
- Can be easily installed
- The cooler pad clips that come with the product can easily break.
5. Honeywell Evaporative Replacement Cooler Pad
Honeywell evaporative cooler pads are another amazing replacement pads for smaller coolers. It has dimensions of 13.6 x 16.1 x 13.8 inches which is perfect for a home studio or guest room.
It is also well-known to have high water retention, so the hot dry air can be easily cooled when it passes the wet pads of the cooler.
- It has an angled design for a better and more efficient cooling performance.
- Its high water retention capacity allows you to experience a lasting cooling effect.
- The pads can be used for 4 to 8 months (optimum cooling) or up to a year if well maintained.
- Honeycomb is also non-toxic and is safe for the environment.
- Can be easily installed and so easy to use
- Suitable for small to medium-sized rooms
- Maintenance is required for it to last longer up to 1 year.