The best generator for tailgating is hard to find. However, if you are looking for one, then you are in luck! We might just have the best portable generator that you might be looking for.
Finding the best generator for tailgating events is pretty crucial. It gives you the best moments of your life. However, finding the best ones is a big challenge for everyone. Luckily for you, we might just have the perfect recommendation list of portable generators for tailgating. Make sure that you read our recommendation list below.
- What’s Tailgating?
- What Should You Consider Before Buying A Portable Generator For Tailgating?
- Quick Comparison Table: Best Generator For Tailgating
Tailgating is a kind of gathering that allows you to party behind your car. These social events tend to be done outdoors and in nature. Thus, having a portable generator for tailgating is very important. It allows you to have modern amenities even when you are in the middle of nowhere.
What Should You Consider Before Buying A Portable Generator For Tailgating?
Even if your portable generator is the best Honda generator in the market, it doesn’t mean it might work out for your tailgating events. With this in mind, we are going to list down some
It’s Power Source
One of the important things that you need to consider is the power source of your generator. Some portable generators run on gasoline while some electricity works. Some would even buy solar-powered ones to make them more eco-friendly. You can choose either of these three types of portable generators.
Another important feature that you need to consider is the power capacity. Remember, when you are tailgating you need to have your appliances like your mini-fridge and other sources of entertainment to function. Thus, you need to consider the power capacity of your portable generator. It should be large enough to power up your mini appliances even when you are far away from home.
Aside from power source and capacity, you need to consider its running time as well. Portable generators with higher running times will help you estimate how long your battery can last you during tailgates. The longer it works, the better it is for you.
Also, you need to consider the weight as well. Some portable generators are heavy. Having a heavy portable generator for your tailgate event may not be safe to travel. Thus, you must consider this feature as well.
Aside from the weight, you should also consider the size as well. A lot of people have certain misconceptions on what size generator for tailgating is good. Thus, you should go for the handy ones. That way, it is easier to carry it around during tailgating events
Another thing that you need to consider is the usage. When buying a portable generator, don’t just search what is the best generator for tailgating. You need to buy a portable generator not just for tailgating but for emergency purposes as well. That way, you can use it not just on tailgating events but for other occasions as well.
The Appliances That You Will Be Using It With
Not all appliances can work on portable power stations. Thus, you must choose the best one that works for your needs. You must check out the wattage that they need to work. Before buying a portable power station, check out which appliances are not possible to use with your power station.
Customer Service Is A Big Plus
Consider the customer service as well. Some companies have terrible customer service. In case of queries, you need reliable customer service to assist you. They can help you search for reputable service centers for repairs, replacements, etc.
Quick Comparison Table: Best Generator For Tailgating
|Jackery Portable Generator 240WH||200 watts||5.19 x 9.05 x 7.67 inches|
|WEN Super Quiet 2000 Watt Inverter Generator||200 watts||17.3 x 11.5 x 17.7 inches|
|MAXOAK Portable Power Station with 500W Capacity||500 watts||11.6 x 7.5 x 7.7 inches|
|ROCKSOLAR RS81 Portable Power Station||120 watts||7.75 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches|
|PowerSmart 1000Watts Portable Generator||900 watts||17 x 15 x 14.1 inches|
1. Jackery Portable Generator 240WH
With its traditional Jackery colors, this portable generator comes with a 240WH capacity. It has a solid built and handy feature. This makes this portable generator a perfect portable generator for outdoor activities like camping, beach parties, etc.
- Eco-friendly portable generator. It uses solar energy to charge the generator.
- Dual charging capacity. Aside from solar energy, you can charge it with your car or even a wall adaptor
- Simultaneous charging. It comes with different power outlets for all kinds of power needs.
- It is handy. It comes with a handle to make it easier to carry around.
- It weighs about 6.6 lbs. which is perfect for outdoor activities.
- It comes with a state-of-the-art protection system that protects the portable generator from possible short circuits
- Fast-charging feature. Your portable generator will be fully charged for 3 to 5 hours depending on your charging method.
- It doesn’t work on bigger appliances like a full fridge, blender, etc.
2. WEN Super Quiet 2000 Watt Inverter Generator
If you are looking for the best quiet generator for tailgating then, the WEN Super Quiet 2000-Watt Inverter Generator is the generator for you. It comes in a black and orange compact design. It has a handle that makes it easier for you to carry around when you are out in the woods or a parking space.
- It is gas-powered. You get easy access to power in case you run out.
- It comes with an automatic shut-off when you run out of gas. It keeps you safe and sound from possible fires.
- It is CARB-compliant, you rest assured that it is safe for the environment and you.
- It comes with a three-prong outlet, USB port outlets.
- It comes with an ECO-Mode for environment-friendly purpose
- It has a 1 Gallon Fuel capacity.
- It also comes with a parallel connector for higher capacity
- Misleading users’ manuals can cause harm to its users.
3. MAXOAK Portable Power Station with 500W Capacity
If you are looking for a versatile power station or simply the best electric generator for tailgating, you might want to consider the MAXOAK Portable Power Station. It comes with a picnic basket design which makes it stand out the most compared to the other power stations available in the market.
- It comes with a 4-way recharging method which is more convenient compared to other types of portable power stations.
- It comes with a fast charging feature. You get a fully charged 500-watt power station in 6.6 hours via a wall charger.
- This portable power station comes with a v-shaped handle which is a lot easier to carry around with 2 people
- It comes with an LED Panel for easy notifications on the battery life and many more
- It is also lightweight. It weighs about 14lbs which is pretty light compared to the other power stations in the market.
- It comes with a built-in MPPT which helps solar energy input and output
- Wireless charging spot for mobile phones
- You can’t charge the portable power station with a 12V car charger.
4. ROCKSOLAR RS81 Portable Power Station
If you are looking for a lightweight portable generator for tailgating, then the Rocksolar RS81 is your other option. It comes with different outlets for mini appliances. You can also use other USB ports for charging your devices such as GoPros, smartphones, LED lights, and many more.
- It comes with a compact and handy design for easy handling.
- It is very lightweight, only weighing almost 2 pounds.
- It is eco-friendly. it uses solar power to charge up the battery
- It has a large capacity with a 24000 mAH capacity
- It is quiet. It doesn’t make a sound when charging or in use.
- 2-way charging option. You can charge with solar energy or a wall adaptor.
- It has a built-in fan to keep the portable power station from overheating.
- It has a limited number of appliances to use.
5. PowerSmart 1000Watts Portable Generator
If you are looking for a fuel-powered portable generator, why not opt for the PowerSmart 1000 Watts Portable Generator instead? This multipurpose generator can be used on different kinds of events, including tailgating events. This fuel-powered portable generator runs on unleaded gasoline which is available on many gas stations.
- Large tank capacity. This portable generator can hold up to 1.1 gallons of unleaded gasoline
- It uses unleaded gasoline which is safer for the environment.
- It doesn’t produce any kinds of noise when they are in use.
- It can last up to 5 hours of continuous usage
- It also has a non-slip stand which makes it stable to any kind of disruption
- A lightweight portable power station that runs on gasoline
- It is easy to maintain compared to other portable generators in the market.
- slow customer service
Finding the best portable generator for tailgating is not the easiest thing to do. There are tons that you need to consider before deciding on which one to buy. Before you buy one make sure that you do your research as well as take account of the things that you need the portable generator for. Aside from that, you need to consider the usage as well. That way, you can fully maximize its usage. Once you have fully decided on getting one, make sure to check out our recommendation list. Who knows, we might have the one you need on our list!