Power up your tailgating experience with the best portable gas grills for tailgating! Make sure to check some of the best gas grills in the article below
Tailgating is not just a small party. But it’s also a special tradition that goes way back during the harvest festivals. This special event has brought many people from different races, cultures, and traditions together. People enjoy drinking, eating together as a way to socialize. Thus, investing in things like the best portable gas grills for tailgating is a must.
Investing in a portable grill for tailgating is a must for people who enjoy this activity. Food is one of the ways of creating bonds with people of different ages. Aside from that, it’s always best to eat food while they are hot and well-cooked. If you are one of the few who is looking for the best portable grill for tailgating, then you might want to check our recommendation below.
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick 2022
- The Dos And Don’ts Of Tailgating
- The 5 Most Recommended And Best Portable Gas Grills For Tailgating
Quick Comparison Table
|Royal Gourmet PD1301S
|25 x 16.3 x 7.9 inches
|Char-Broil Liquid Propane Portable Grill
|52 x 24 x 38.5 inches
|Blackstone 2-Burner Tailgater Portable Grill
|15,000 BTU (H burner) 20,000 BTU (cast iron burner)
|52 x 24 x 38.5 inches
|Martin Propane Portable Grill
|24.02 x 14.57 x 16.54 inches
|Mototeks Inc. Portable Grill in Blue
|76.2 x 37.47 x 37.47 cm
Our Top Pick 2022
Amongst our top 5 portable gas grills, the Royal Gourmet PD1301S is our top pick. This portable gas grill is because of its three-burner heating settings. It can help you cook three different foods with different heating requirements simultaneously. Aside from that, its griddle is easy to clean and easy to maintain. It is handy but its large griddle helps you cook tons of food in tons of few minutes.
● Play Nice
The first and most important thing that you need to remember in a tailgating event is to play nice. There are tons of people with different teams attending the tailgating event. Make sure that you don’t start fights with other fans who are attending the event.
● Wear Your Favorite Team Jersey
One of the most important things that you need to remember is to wear your favorite team’s jersey. Most people attending a tailgate event often wear their team’s jersey and color. This is their way of showing their support for their favorite players. Don’t tuck them in. tucking them in will make you look silly.
● Bring Some Party Games With You
Some tailgate events are whole-day events. You should enjoy your day with party games like drinking games like beer pong, cornhole, etc. This way, you can enjoy your barbecue/tailgate party with fun events like this while waiting for the games to start.
● Tons Of Food, Ice, And Drinks Are Required
Another important thing to remember is to bring tons of food, ice, and drinks. Tailgating events can last up to a day, especially if your team wins. Make sure that you have lots of them to last you at least a day. Don’t come empty-handed. It can be rude to people who are bringing their food and drinks for the event.
● Always Have Caffeine At Arm’s Length.
Aside from food, ice and drinks, make sure to have caffeine at least an arm’s length. Tailgating events is a whole day event. All the food and booze you put into your stomach can lessen your energy. Thus, having caffeine nearby can help you keep your energy up. It can also help you sober up when the alcohol is getting into your system.
● Bring Your Portable Power Source And Equipment
Aside from playing games with your friends, make sure that you also bring other sources of entertainment like TVs. Having a TV on the tailgating event is a fun way to check out some of the games that are playing. Make sure that you do bring your power source such as portable generators to charge your phones and for your TV’s power source.
● Help With The Cleanup
Lastly, help with the cleanup. As fun as they are, tailgating events can also mean tons of garbage at the end of the event. Make sure that you do help in the cleanup. This way, you can keep the area clean and ready for the next tailgating event.
Barbecue Party: A Fun Tailgating Activity
● Cook For Lots
When doing a barbecue party in a tailgating event, it is always advised that you cook in lots. Remember, there are tons of people during the tailgating event. Aside from that, you might have to stay in the area for the whole day. Make sure that you have the perfect size bbq grill for tailgating. It can help you cook a lot of food at the same time.
● Safety First
If you are planning to do a barbecue party in a tailgating event, always consider the safety of your family and companion. Make sure that you do check out some of the important grilling rules before you start grilling on your portable tailgate grill.
● Check The Weather
Another important thing to remember is to check the weather. Knowing the weather will help you plan on the food that you should consider bringing in the tailgating event. Aside from that, it also helps you anticipate the things that you need for the tailgate event.
● Create A Checklist For Your Tailgating Event
Lastly, create a checklist for your barbecue party tailgating event. Tailgating events can take a lot of time to prepare so many things. You must create a checklist. This way, you will be able to bring all the things you need, including your tailgate charcoal grill, portable power source, etc.
The 5 Most Recommended And Best Portable Gas Grills For Tailgating
1. Royal Gourmet PD1301S
The Royal Gourmet comes in an all-black ensemble. It is equipped with three burners and a large cooking pan. Aside from that, this portable gas grill comes with a lid. It is the gas grill for tailgating. It is handy and easy to maintain.
- This portable gas grill comes with three heat seating, low, medium, and high heat.
- Its large pan can help you cook a lot of food at the same time.
- The portable gas grill is heavy-duty. It is made from alloy steel.
- The pan is made from enameled porcelain steel which makes it a lot easier to maintain.
- This portable gas grill produces a heat of 25,500 BTUs.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Upon purchase, this portable grill comes with a PVC bag for easy safekeeping.
- The grease hole is not aligned with its grease container beneath the stove.
2. Char-Broil Liquid Propane Portable Grill
If you are looking for a small grill for tailgating, then this might be your best choice. The Char-Broil Liquid Propane Portable Grill comes with a compact design. It comes in an all-black ensemble with its steel legs folded on top of the cover.
- This portable grill comes with heat-resistant handles to make it easier to hold even when cooking.
- It comes with a 187 square inch cooking plate.
- The cooking plate is chrome plated which makes it a lot easier to clean.
- Equipped with 11,000 BTU-designed burners.
- Utilizes 16.4 and 14.1 oz propane cylinders.
- Its highly portable design makes it a lot easier to store and carry.
- Adjustable heat settings.
- Dents on the product due to shipping issues. Please buy this product locally.
3. Blackstone 2-Burner Tailgater Portable Grill
One of the notable features of this portable grill is its versatile setup. You can use it as a griller, a griddle, and even a stovetop if needed. It is also equipped with long legs to make it easier for people to cook while standing. This portable grill is the best propane grill for tailgating.
- Its multipurpose setup makes it a lot easier for people to cook a variety of foods.
- The portable grill is made from the best alloy steel which makes it highly durable.
- Dual burners make it easier for people to cook simultaneously.
- The pan size is about 38 inches.
- The burners have a heat capacity of 15,000 BTUs (H burner) and 20,000 BTUs.
- The grills and griddle are removable and easy to clean.
- Easy to set up.
- It doesn’t go as hot as you expect it to be.
- This portable griller is too big and too heavy to carry around.
4. Martin Propane Portable Grill
At a glance, the Martine Propane Portable grill comes in an alloy steel material. This grill comes with a typical grill design. It comes with a re-warming tray and porcelain grills to make cooking an experience.
- It comes with a u-shaped burner which helps you cook the meat evenly.
- Adjustable heat setting for different kinds of meat.
- Easy to clean grill due to its porcelain coated grills.
- The foldable legs make the portable grill easy to store when not in use.
- Heat indicator helps you tell the temperature when you are cooking.
- Equipped with a Piezo Igniter
- Easy to install.
- Despite having a heat adjustment setting, it still gets hot so easily.
5. Mototeks Inc. Portable Grill in Blue
One of the notable things about this barbecue grill is its design. Aside from the grill, it comes with portable wheels for easy transport. Aside from that, its distinctness makes it stand out more. It also comes with spaces on the sides to give you more space to utilize when grilling.
- It comes with an easy igniter, no need to use a match to light up the grill.
- The attachment wheels make this portable grill convenient.
- This portable griller comes with a dual burner.
- Heavy-duty, it is made from the best aluminum steel.
- The side tables give you extra space to put things when cooking.
- Removable grease collector.
- Compatible with a 7/16 propane gas tank.
- Although it is handy it is too small for tailgate events.
Getting the best portable gas grill for tailgating is one of the best investments that you should invest in. Aside from cooking a special feast for you and your friends, it brings a lot of people together for the sake of the love of the same sport.
“How do I choose a portable grill?” you ask?, then check out some of our recommendations. That way, you have the best options for the best portable grill.