You don’t need an expensive chainsaw bar to help you with the cleaning. Make sure to check out the best 20-inch chainsaw below. One of them could be the best chainsaw that you need at home.
Having the best 20-inch chainsaw can do a lot of wonders to your garden. It helps you maintain your lawn from having overgrown branches. If you are planning to buy one, make sure that you check out our recommendations of what is a good 20-inch chainsaw for you.
- Is 20 Inches A Good Chainsaw Size For Cutting Trees?
- Quick Comparison Table
- What To Look For When Buying A Chainsaw For Tree Cutting
- Our Top Pick
- Best 20-Inch Chainsaws That Are Worth The Money
Is 20 Inches A Good Chainsaw Size For Cutting Trees?
To answer this question, yes a 20-inches chainsaw is the perfect chainsaw for cutting trees. This chainsaw size can cut a tree with a 36 inches diameter. Regardless of whether you are using an electric or gas-powered chainsaw, this is the best size that you should consider for residential uses.
Quick Comparison Table
What To Look For When Buying A Chainsaw For Tree Cutting
You don’t need to buy the best 20-inch Stihl chainsaw for your garden maintenance as this brand is known for its high performance yet with its expensive price tag. There are a lot of best 20-inch chainsaws for the money that give the same performance. You just need to check these tips to help you find the best one for your garden needs.
● Power Source
When choosing a chainsaw for tree cutting, consider the power source of the chainsaw. You can opt for the gas-powered chainsaw and battery-powered chainsaw for bigger properties. This way, you won’t have to worry about running out. You can also opt for the electric chainsaw for smaller properties.
● The Size Of The Chainsaw And Tree
Another factor to consider is the size. When choosing the best size, make sure to check out the diameters of the trees in your properties. If you are not sure about the diameter, you can check out the information below. This can be your guide in choosing the best size of the chainsaw that you need in your garden.
- 6 to 8 inches chainsaws are good for pruning trees.
- 8 to 12 inches chainsaws are the best for cutting branches
- For small trees, get a chainsaw with a chainsaw bar of 12 to 14 inches.
- If you have larger trees get a chainsaw with a chainsaw bar of 16 to 20 inches.
Consider the design of the chainsaw as well. Some chainsaws have an ergonomic design which makes them a lot easier to use and hold. Make sure to check out button placements before buying one. Button placements can help you use your chainsaw more conveniently.
Some chainsaws come with other additional features aside from safety features. Some have features like an automatic lubrication system, air filter, and even an easy start button feature. Before buying one, consider checking out these features. That way, you have a well-equipped chainsaw to suit your needs.
● Safety Features
Lastly, consider the safety features as well. Some chainsaws come with different safety features. Make sure to do your research before buying one. If you are someone who easily gets startled, opt for the anti-vibration chainsaw. There are tons of other features as well. You can also find ones with a safety switch. This will help stop you from accidentally starting your chainsaw.
Our Top Pick
There are tons of quality 20-inch chainsaws in the market. However, the Poulan Pro 967061501 is our top choice. This chainsaw is equipped with an OxyPower motor. This feature is a huge factor. It helps you lessen fuel emissions because of the chainsaw. But it also maximizes the engine power with even less fuel usage. It will help you get the job done with less fuel used.
Aside from that, you can start this device in two possible ways. You can crank the shaft or use the easy-start button. It also has some other features placed around the areas that are a lot easier to access.
- Comes with the Advance Cut Chainsaw Chain replacement.
- Less fuel emission.
- Maximize power with less fuel consumption.
- Built-in tools for easy maintenance.
- Anti-vibration feature.
- Low kickback.
- Easy start option
- Better cranking capacity.
Best 20-Inch Chainsaws That Are Worth The Money
1. Poulan Pro 20-Inch Chainsaw
The first one on our list is the Poulan Pro 967061501. This gas-powered chainsaw comes in a yellow and gray color which makes it a lot easier to find. This chainsaw also comes with an ergonomic design which makes it a lot easier to use and hold when cutting trees.
- Equipped with a 50cc two-stroke engine
- The motor comes with an OXYPOWER feature which lessens fuel consumption and emissions.
- Comes with an easy start button.
- It comes with a built-in toolbox for easy fixes.
- Equipped with a bulb that helps stop fuel bleeding in the carburetor.
- Comes with an ADVANCECUT replacement chainsaw chain.
- It has an easy combined choke/stop control to help with the engine starting.
- Some of its parts are not made from durable plastic and tend to break after constant use.
2. Huyosen HN-C6020E
The Huyosen HN-C6020E comes with an all-red ensemble with a few touches. One of the best things about this chainsaw is that there are 2 engine sizes that you can choose from. We have the 60cc and the 54.6cc. Regardless of what kind of work you need, this chainsaw is ready. It is the best 20-inch chainsaw under 200.
- It comes with 2 different engine sizes but its chainsaw bar remains at 20-inches in size.
- The chainsaw is equipped with a filtration system to help lengthen the life of the air filter.
- This filtration system also helps reduce excessive fuel consumption.
- Chains are jam-proof and rust-resistant.
- Equipped with an automatic filling system for your convenience.
- The handles are cushioned-wrap to lessen the vibration caused by the chainsaw’s engine.
- It is equipped with a safety switch for user safety.
- Plastic parts get broken so easily.
- The engines take time to turn on.
3. PROYAMA 58cc Gas Chainsaw
This gas-powered chainsaw is certified by EPA engine Certified. It means that it causes less pollution that can cause harm to the environment The PROYAMA 58cc Gas Chainsaw comes with a 20-inch chainsaw bar. Upon purchase, you will be receiving a full set of safety gears and tools for your chainsaw. It’s a cheap 20-inch chainsaw with some additional freebies that you can use in your gardening upkeep.
- Versatile chainsaw. Works well in pruning and cutting.
- It has an EPA Certified Engine which helps you save on fuel and its emissions.
- It comes with a purge bar that can help you start the carburetor faster.
- This chainsaw is lightweight and with a magnesium crankshaft case.
- Equipped with an automatic oiler system to keep your chain well-lubricated.
- The chainsaw has a 5-point anti-vibration system to avoid sudden kickbacks.
- It comes with a 58-cc engine that can withstand all kinds of tree cutting needs.
- The carburetor adjustment can cause the engine to malfunction.
4. RUINOPAR 20-inch Gas Powered Chainsaw
Unlike the ones mentioned in our list, this chainsaw has the biggest engine capacity. Running on a 62cc engine capacity, the RUINOPAR 20-inch Gas Powered Chainsaw is the most powerful 20-inch chainsaw on our list.
- The ergonomic design makes it easier to hold when in use.
- It has an easy start function to help you start your chainsaw faster.
- The chainsaw is molded with ABS plastic which is durable for long-term use.
- Its engine oil is mixed with water and fuel for lesser fuel emission and consumption.
- Automatic lubrication system to keep the chains well lubricated.
- Comes with a safety switch to stop accidental starts.
- The chainsaw can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
- The engine doesn’t work well. It takes a lot of time to crank it before you can use it.
5. Husqvarna 450R
Husqvarna is one of the trusted brands when it comes to gardening tools. This chainsaw comes with an all-orange ensemble. Aside from that, it also comes with an ergonomic design for easy and comfortable usage. It comes with a 20 inches chainsaw bar to help you with all kinds of cleanup.
- Equipped with an X-Torque Engine for lesser fuel consumption.
- Can be used in all kinds of cutting: Pruning, cutting trees and branches.
- Easy starting button to help you start the engine faster.
- Side-mounted system for easy maintenance.
- It also has a low-vibration cushion to avoid sudden kickbacks.
- An air injection air cleaning system to help filter your carburetor.
- Automatic oiler system for chain lubrication.
- The chain gets thrown off from time to time.
Finding the best 20-inch chainsaw doesn’t have to be expensive. You don’t need to have an expensive and professional-grade chainsaw to help you maintain your trees. If you are only pruning, cutting branches and some trees, a cheap and durable chainsaw can help you achieve this. Before buying the best chainsaw, make sure to do your research. It will help you get the best chainsaw to fit your needs.