Looking for the best chainsaw under $200? Down below are some of our top picks for the best budget-friendly chainsaw for your gardening and landscaping needs.
You don’t have to invest in the most expensive chainsaw in the market. There are a lot of options for the best chainsaw under $200. Below are some of the budget-friendly chainsaws that are affordable yet the quality isn’t compromised.
- How Does An Average Chainsaw Cost?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick
- Different Types Of Chainsaws And Their Recommended Uses
- How To Buy The Best Chainsaw For Your Needs
- 5 Best Chainsaws Under $200 (Gas Chainsaw Reviews)
- 3. Remington 41AY4214983
A chainsaw’s cost is highly dependent on its length, power source, and its power. Most mid-range chainsaws can cost you about $100 to $200. However, if you are someone who doesn’t use it often or simply uses it to maintain your garden, there are some cheaper options for you. Believe it or not, a budget-friendly chainsaw can initially costs $80 (or even lower) with the same factors to consider.
Quick Comparison Table
|Poulan Pro PR4218
|Craftsman S165 2020 Model
|COOCHEER 62-cc Gas-powered Chainsaw
|WEMARS Gas Chainsaw
Our Top Pick
Among the top 5 chainsaws in our list, our top pick is the WEMARS Gas Chainsaw. It is the perfect chainsaw for small and big yards mainly because of its weight, power, and cutting capacity. Surprisingly, it is up to the bar with the best Stihl chainsaw under $200.
- The handles are cushioned to avoid vibration while you are working on your garden and spacious land.
- With its 52cc engine, it does so well in its cutting efficiency.
- The knob-type automatic tightening function helps you secure the guide bar.
One of the considerations that you need to take into account is the type of chainsaw. Before buying one, make sure that you check out some of the types of chainsaws in the market.
● Manual Chainsaw
Manual chainsaws are one of the smallest chainsaws in the market. Taken from its name, you need to use a lot of force to cut things. Manual chainsaws (also known as a pocket chainsaw) is a string of bladed teeth with handles at the end of each string. Manual chainsaws are recommended to chop firewood or cut small trees.
● Gas-powered Chainsaw
Gas-powered chainsaws are chainsaws that often operate on gas. Gas-powered chainsaws are popularly used by many professionals and homeowners. It gives them enough power to cut medium to large trees as well as help with garden maintenance.
Unlike the manual chainsaw, the gas-powered chainsaw is equipped with an engine to give tons of power for the machine to work. It needs to be lubricated daily to keep the machine in tip-top condition.
● Electric-powered Chainsaw
Electric powered chainsaw is a chainsaw that runs on electricity or a rechargeable battery. This chainsaw is usually light and easy to use for many beginners in landscaping and gardening. Electric-powered chainsaws can either be corded or cordless. These chainsaws are not as heavy-duty compared to gas-powered chainsaws. They can still cut small to medium-sized trees. There are tons of options for the best cordless chainsaw under $200
1. Usage Of The Chainsaw
One of the most important factors that you should consider before buying a chainsaw is usage. If you only use the chainsaw for simple cutting and maintenance, then do not get an expensive one. There are tons of options for the best small chainsaw under $200. These chainsaws will help you with your garden neat and clean.
2. Size Of Your Lawn And Hills
Aside from the usage, you need to consider the size of your property as well. If you have a spacious yard with hills, then opt for a chainsaw that doesn’t have a cord and is lightweight. It helps you get the job faster without worrying about your connecting power source. You can even buy the best gas chainsaw for under $200.
If you happen to have a small size lot, then you can either go for the corded or cordless ones. You can even go for the manual chainsaw if you have small trees on your property.
3. Power Of The Chainsaw
Consider the power capacity of your chainsaw. If you are someone who only uses a chainsaw for trimming, then opt for one that doesn’t have a large motor size. The larger the motor size of the chainsaw can also affect its weight. If you don’t use it professionally, then opt to get a smaller one instead. There are a lot of best budget gas chainsaws.
4. Safety Features
Lastly, consider the added safety features of the chainsaw. Regardless of how many times you ask the question “what is the best chainsaw under $200?”, it doesn’t assure you about its safety features. Regardless of the price, do not forget to check the safety features of your chosen chainsaw. These safety features will help you work with your chainsaw with less danger and accidents.
1. Poulan Pro PR4218
If you are looking for a medium-size but heavy-duty gas-powered chainsaw, then the Poulan Pro PR4218 is one of the best options for you. This gas-powered chainsaw is one of the recommendations that you get when searching for what is the best 18 inch chainsaw under $200. This is a lightweight gas-powered chainsaw that works well with people with spacious yards and hills.
- Equipped with a 42cc, two-stroke engine.
- It comes with an added feature OxyPower which helps you maximize fuel usage.
- The Poulan Pro PR4218 is about 13.5 lbs. which makes it ideal for spacious yards and hills.
- The automatic oiler feature helps keep the chains well lubricated.
- The SuperClean Air Filter system helps extend the life of the filter without compromising the chainsaw’s power capacity.
- The EPS makes it easier to pull and crank the gas-powered chainsaw.
- Its ergonomic design makes it a lot easier to handle when in use.
- The EPS string is not durable. It gets broken after constant usage.
2. Craftsman S165 2020 Model
If you are looking for a medium-size gas-powered chainsaw, then you might want to consider the Craftsman S165 2020 Model. This chainsaw has a bar length of 16 inches and runs smoothly with gasoline. Aside from that, it also has that low kickback chain to ensure your safety upon use.
- The chainsaw has a 42-cc engine.
- The easy-start feature is added for easy starting.
- Built with an anti-vibration system.
- Automatic chain oiler to help the chain lubricate at all times.
- 3-point anti-vibration system
- Weighs about 15lbs.
- It comes with an inertia-activated chain brake for safety measures.
- The oiler leaks if not drained properly.
3. Remington 41AY4214983
Another small chainsaw that works perfectly in your home is the Remington 41AY4214983. It is equipped with a 14 inches bar with a powerful 42cc engine. It comes with an ergonomic design for added comfort.
- Easy starting button to start your engine.
- Made from poly-chassis which makes it lightweight and still comfortable to use even on long usage.
- Low-kickback chain to help cut through thick trees.
- Equipped with an anti-vibration system.
- Adjustable automatic chain oiler for easy chain lubrication.
- The ergonomic design makes it easier to maneuver while in use.
- It is gas-powered which makes it convenient for spacious yards with hills.
- Chains need constant sharpening and tightening.
4. COOCHEER 62-cc Gas-powered Chainsaw
For heavy-duty cutting, then opt for the Coocher 62-cc Gas-powered Chainsaw. It comes with a 20-inches bar for thicker and wider trees. One of the best things about this chainsaw is that it withstands a longer cutting time and high temperature due to cutting thick trees.
- Equipped with a 62-cc engine with 2-stroke petrol.
- Has 8500 rpm for every cutting session.
- Upon purchase, you will get a complete set with an extra chain and chainsaw guard.
- It has lower fuel consumption as well as emission.
- The guide bar is made from the most durable metal that can withstand the wear and tear of daily usage.
- It has a large air filter with state-of-the-art 3 layer filters.
- The durable plastic part keeps the chainsaw light but heavy-duty.
- The chainsaw brake needs to be checked constantly. It breaks from time to time.
5. WEMARS Gas Chainsaw
Another mid-range gas chainsaw on our list is the WEMARS Gas Chainsaws. This gas chainsaw comes with an 18 inches guide bar for better cutting efficiency. It works well with small to large yards with no problems. Aside from its medium-size guide bar, this chainsaw also comes with a 52cc engine.
- Installed with an integrated chain brake for safety purposes.
- Low kick-back function.
- Equipped with anti-vibration handles.
- The quick-release air filters to keep fuel efficiency.
- Quick-start button for easy starting.
- Knob-type chainsaw lock to help tighten the guide bar.
- Automatic oil lubrication.
- From time to time, the chainsaw chokes. You need to lubricate it to avoid choking from happening from time to time.
These are just some of the best chainsaws under $200. Make sure that you check out some of these recommendations. Do not hesitate to invest in a small chainsaw for your gardening and landscaping needs. It helps you maintain your garden with less effort. Aside from that, it also ensures that you are safe from any falling debris in case of any emergency.