Snowblowers use a special type of oil that ensures the engine works well in cold weather. Read here to know what is the best oil for snowblower.
The snowblower market in the USA and Canada is an estimate of a million dollar business. In fact, it is expected to grow to 865 million in revenue by 2026 according to the industry analysis report. That is why it is also not a surprise why more customers get scammed out of poor quality and substandard snowblower models sold as premium.
In fact, an investigation by Wall Street Journal revealed that even leading online selling platforms contain fake, banned and mislabeled products. These products are mostly listed by impostor sellers. This means that a lot of products online could be substandard and you should be careful when shopping.
Moreover, it isn’t just gadgets and equipment quality you should be wary about. When buying your snowblower online, you also need to consider what type of snowblower oil is most compatible with the model you have.
This blog will focus on explaining why choosing the right type of snowblower oil is important. Also, we will discuss the options for best oil for snowblower in the market.
- What Oil Should You Use For Snowblower?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick
- 5 Best Oil For Snowblower Reviews 2022
What Oil Should You Use For Snowblower?
If there is one important thing to consider, it is the fact that snowblower is an equipment mostly used in winter. Thus, it is important to look for an oil type that is best suited for cold weather conditions.
The best oil for snowblower is a multi-viscosity 5W30 oil. You might be wondering why
is that so? This oil provides the best protection to your snowblower equipment because it flows quicker in cold weather. This means that the oil has a lesser chance of getting frozen which can clog up the engine.
The 5W-30 oil is a premium synthetic oil which allows it to perform better in cold weather conditions. They provide better protection, easier start, and smoother shifts of the equipment.
To give you a preview of the best snowblower oil in the market today, we’ve created a comparison table below:
Quick Comparison Table
|Briggs & Stratton SAE 5W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil||32 ounces||Full synthetic|
|Briggs & Stratton 100030C SAE 5W-30 Four Cycle Engine Oil||32 ounces||Full synthetic|
|Valvoline SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil||32 ounces||Full synthetic|
|Ariens 707068 5W-30 Four Cycle Engine Oil||32 ounces||Full synthetic|
|Arnold OEM 737-0303 Four Cycle Snowblower Oil||28 ounces||Full synthetic|
Our Top Pick
If we were to recommend the best from the list, it would be the Valvoline SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil. Our main reason is that it has mid-range price but provides 10 times resistance to wear and deposits. Also, its unique dual defense additive technology helps the snowblower to last longer.
Overall, this is the best oil for snowblower if you take into account the price, performance, and customer feedback.
5 Best Oil For Snowblower Reviews 2022
1. Briggs & Stratton SAE 5W-30 Full Synthetic Engine Oil
This engine oil is in a 32 ounces gray bottle. One notable characteristic of this product is it is 100 percent synthetic SAE 5W-30 oil, which we already mentioned as the best engine oil for cold weather. It works well with 4 cycle engines and those that are air-cooled machines.
As it is 100% synthetic, it works best in both extreme cold and hot temperatures. So, you can guarantee that your snowblower is protected all-year round.
Another good thing about this oil is that it can be used in a lot of equipment, such as lawn mower and winter chainsaw, gas pressure washer and other cutting machines.
- Readily available online and can be bought from the official Briggs and Stratton website and official resellers.
- Price-wise, it is very affordable and has a lot in a bottle.
- It is a premium engine oil that works effectively in protecting your snowblower operation even in winter.
- Shipment within the United States is fast and easy.
- Allows your snowblower to run smoothly, thus giving you a stress-free operation.
- The oil stays clean even after long hours of use.
- Warranty is provided and instructions are clear and available on the store’s website.
- A pit pricey considering the bottle size but if you are after quality than quantity, then it is worth it.
- It is difficult to find a bigger bottle if you need a bigger sized bottle of this engine oil.
2. Briggs & Stratton 100030C SAE 5W-30 Four Cycle Engine Oil
Another amazing product on our list still comes from the Briggs and Stratton brand. This one is also synthetic engine oil with model number 100030C. This also comes in a black bottle with a bright blue label in front.
Listed as 100% pure synthetic, this product is specifically formulated and approved for winter equipment like snow blowers. If you want to make sure you have the best oil for the snowblower model that you have, always check if the oil is recommended for 2-cycle or 4-cycle engines.
This 100030C 5W-30 engine oil from Briggs and Stratton is for snowblowers with 4 cycle engines.
- This is a high quality engine oil that works effectively.
- It is specifically formulated for extreme cold weather conditions.
- The oil remains clean even after several uses and long hours of use.
- Perfect for your snowblower oil change.
- Gets delivered fast and stress-free transaction.
- The product is handled with care and gets delivered in perfect condition to avoid spillage.
- One of the best oil for snowblower chain.
- It is difficult to get a bigger sized bottle of this product.
- A bit pricier than the other Briggs and Stratton engine oil in the market.
3. Valvoline SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
This full synthetic motor oil from Valvoline is known for its high resistance to extreme temperatures. In fact this can give 10 times more resistance to wear to your snowblower than any other commercial engine oil of its kind.
This particular motor oil is specifically formulated to extend the life of your equipment. It has a Dual Defense Additive Technology. This gives an additional booster with its fortified detergent system.
Lastly, customer reports of Valvoline 5W-30 motor oil reveal that the product helps repel wear and unwanted deposits in the engine. As a result, the lifespan is longer.
- This is the best oil for husqvarna snowblower as it can handle heavy-duty operations well.
- Has a dual defense additive technology which helps protect the engine and boost its performance.
- Its fortified detergent system fights sludges and allows smooth operation.
- Guaranteed to give you 25% more deposit protection than any other motor oil brand.
- The brand has 150 years of experience in synthetic motor oil and has gained approval for its high quality products.
- The product is also available outside the country, so it is fairly accessible and available.
- This is quite expensive for motor oil but its formula and premium quality is unmatched.
4. Ariens 707068 5W-30 Four Cycle Engine Oil
Ariens is a popular brand that produces gardening tools and big machineries like lawn mowers and tractors. Ariens is well-loved by many consumers because of their dedication to quality. If you specifically want the most recommended oil for snowblower from this brand, then this 707068 5W-30 engine oil is your perfect match.
This motor oil is designed to make your snow blowing experience efficient and effortless. Moreover, this is very easy to use. You can expect your equipment to last longer than it should when using this oil.
It is specifically designed to support cool temperature operations and use as little oil as possible. So, you can conserve as much oil as possible.
- This is designed to match all Ariens snowblowers. So, if you have Ariens snowblower, this is the best engine oil to use.
- It protects your engine and repels deposits so your snowblower can stay durable and sturdy.
- Ideal for heavy-duty tasks, specifically snowblowing and snow throwing.
- The company offers instructions and guides on how to safely keep used oil for company collection.
- It is very easy to use and does not need any mixing at all.
- Its warranty policy is not easily accessible to the public. You have to reach out to the seller to discuss warranty policy or policy differs from state to state.
5. Arnold OEM 737-0303 Four Cycle Snowblower Oil
Last on our list is this 5W-30 engine oil from Arnold. This is an engine oil specifically for snow thrower. So, there is no confusion if this is the best oil for snowblower engines. This comes in a small refill packet at 28 ounces in size. Because of its packaging, it is easier to open the packet and pour into your engine tank.
This is also recommended for 4 cycle engine motors. It is also designed and manufactured in the USA, so you can guarantee its quality. And most importantly, this is compatible with most snowblower brands like remington, troy-bilt, husqvarna, and others.
- Ideal for refill packs and on the go oil change.
- You can guarantee that it is safe to use on snowblowers and under extreme cold temperatures.
- Quite easy to use and pour into the oil tank.
- This is the best oil for a snowblower from various brands
- It is also affordable without compromising quality.
- The product is also widely available in most online sites in the country.
- You can only buy the refill packet size on most online sites.