You’d want the best walk behind leaf blower for garden. But, do you have the right one for your needs? Find out our recommendations below.
Investing in the best walk behind leaf blower can make your lawn maintenance a lot easier. It blows away leaves easily. However, finding the best one in the market can be a hassle. Lucky for you, we are going to teach you how to buy the best leaf blower 2022
- Walk-Behind Vs Backpack Leaf Blower
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick
- How To Test And Make Speed Adjustments To Your Leaf Blower
- The Top Five Best Walk-Behind Leaf Blowers 2022
Walk-Behind Vs Backpack Leaf Blower
A walk-behind leaf blower and backpack leaf blower both function the same but differ in terms of size and method. Walk-behind leaf blowers are more convenient for people living in larger yards. The backpack leaf blower is a carry-all leaf blower that works well in smaller areas.
Both walk-behind leaf blowers are available in three types; gas-powered, battery-powered, and electricity-powered leaf blowers. You might have to consider a lot of things before buying any of these three in the market.
If you haven’t decided on which walk behind leaf blower vs backpack leaf blower will work out for you, then you are in luck. We have the best walk behind leaf blowers you can buy in stores nationwide. Make sure to stick around as we list down the best walk behind leaf blower comparisons and recommendations.
Quick Comparison Table
|Landworks Walk Behind Leaf Blower||200 miles per hour (MPH)||● Torque cooling system ● EPA/CARB Compliant ● Adjustable air flow up to 90 degrees|
|Super Handy Walk-Behind Leaf Blower with 212 cc capacity||200 miles per hour||● Torque cooling system|
|Billy Goat F902H Power Blower||200 miles per hour||● Aim and shoot chute ● Large impeller fans|
|Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower||200 miles per hour||● Briggs and Stratton engine|
|Troy-Bilt TB672||150 miles per hour||● 90 degrees chute adjustment ● Compact and lightweight design|
Our Top Pick
Out of the five top walk-behind leaf blowers, our top pick is the Landworks Walk-Behind Leaf Blower. One thing that we love about this walk-behind leaf blower is that it works well on all types of terrains and seasons. It’s a multipurpose blower that you can use all year round. Aside from that, we also find its blue color which makes it a lot more visible, especially during the fall and winter seasons.
Other features that we like about the Landworks Walk-Behind Leaf Blower
- Heat and rust-resistant all-steel frame
- High CFM capacity of 2000.
- Easy to maneuver 360 degrees pneumatic tires.
- All-season blower.
- Maximum gas tank capacity of 0.7 gallons.
- Easy to use and assemble.
- It can run up to 200 miles per hour.
How To Test And Make Speed Adjustments To Your Leaf Blower
Before you start using your walk-behind leaf blower, you need to adjust the RPM of your leaf blower. This way, your walk-behind leaf blower will be able to work seamlessly. There is some walk-behind leaf blower that follows a certain RPM requirement. Thus, you must know how to adjust the RPM of your leaf-blower. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to adjust the RPM of your walk-behind leaf blower.
● Place The Sticker On Tachometer
When testing the RPM, you need to have a tachometer on hand. If you don’t have one, then you should invest in one. There are different tachometers in the market. You don’t have to buy expensive ones. Some tachometers would use stickers to measure the RPM. If you have this type of tachometer, place the sticker inside the blower.
If your tachometer has a different way of measuring the RPM, make sure to read the instructions on how to. This way, you will have an idea of how to measure the RPM of your walk-behind blower with your tachometer.
● Turn On Your Leaf Blower And Pull The Full-Throttle Lever
Once you have placed the sticker, turn on your leaf blower. Let it run for 2-3 minutes. During this duration, you will be able to test if the walk-behind blower is doing well in an idle mood, then you can proceed with pulling the full-throttle lever.
● Test The RPM
Point the tachometer directly to the blower. You can see the RPM on the screen. If the RPM reading of your tachometer is more or less the exact number, then you need to adjust the max throttle screw. If it’s the exact RPM then no need to adjust the throttle. Ideally, the maximum RPM of a walk-behind leaf blower is 3600 RPM. However, there are some brands that require lower than 3600 RPM.
● If The RPM Is More Or Less Than Expected, Adjust The Max Throttle Screw.
Before you adjust the throttle screw, make sure to turn off the walk-behind leaf blower. Take a screwdriver, and adjust the max throttle screw behind the full-throttle lever. Once you think that you have adjusted the RPM of the walk-behind leaf blower, repeat steps 2 and 3. If it doesn’t give you 3600 RPM, make sure to reset it again until you see the 3600 RPM on the tachometer.
The Top Five Best Walk-Behind Leaf Blowers 2022
1. Landworks Walk Behind Leaf Blower
If you happen to be looking for the best residential walk behind leaf blower without causing a dent in your wallet, then this walk-behind leaf blower is the perfect one for you. The Landworks walk-behind leaf blower comes in a sturdy, solid blue ensemble. It can run up to 200 miles and has an airflow capacity of 2000 cubic meters per minute.
- A gas-powered walk-behind leaf blower with a 7HP engine capacity
- Easy start button for easy starting
- A durable set of wheels that can turn 360 degrees
- All-steel frame
- Runs on Unleaded 87+
- A maximum gas tank capacity of 0.7 gallons
- The airflow is adjustable to 90 degrees angle.
- Very heavy and not the best walk-behind leaf blower for women and the elderly.
2. Super Handy Walk-Behind Leaf Blower with 212 cc capacity.
One of the most notable features that you can see on this walk-behind leaf blower is its orange and black ensemble. This walk-behind leaf blower stands about 13.5 inches, equipped with a 7HP engine capacity. Manufacturers assure buyers that this walk-behind leaf blower is an all-year rounder. It can work even during the coldest season.
- All-terrain wheels
- Adjustable handles
- 4-stroke motor
- 360-degree front wheel for easy maneuverability
- Rust-resistant all-steel frame
- Runs on Unleaded 87
- Torque Cooling System
- Some of the leaf blowers come in damaged when shipped.
3. Billy Goat F902H Power Blower
At a glance, the Billy Goat F902H is the best commercial walk behind leaf blower. However, this leaf blower is a residential type of leaf blower, equipped with a high-quality engine that can easily blow debris, snow, and leaves.
- Equipped with a Honda GX Engine with a 9HP/265cc engine capacity
- Easy to adjust chute
- It can increase air capacity up to 3.8X
- Easy to use
- Ergonomic handles
- 36 degrees wheels for easy mobility and maneuverability
- A 17 inches fan
- This walk-behind leaf blower is a little bit heavier. Not the best leaf blower for the elderly and some women.
4. Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower
Unlike the other walk-behind leaf blowers on our list, the Merry Mac Walk-behind Leaf and Debris blower is considered the most powerful walk-behind leaf blower. This is because of the Briggs and Stratton engine it is equipped with. It has a 13.5 gross torque capacity.
- All-steel fatigue red frame
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with a deflector to help the user tell the airflow of the walk-behind leaf blower
- Large pneumatic wheels
- Gas-powered and is a perfect device for large properties
- It blows debris, leaves, and tree barks well
- The engine needs to be maintained regularly or else you might have engine problems in the long run.
5. Troy-Bilt TB672
If you are looking for a walk-behind leaf blower that is handy and perfect for your tiny space, then this is the best one for you. The Troy-Bilt TB672 is a lightweight residential walk-behind blower for residential use.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Equipped with a 20cc OHV engine
- 90 degrees adjustable chute
- Rubber-covered handle for better handling
- Doesn’t need a lot of space in storage
- Pneumatic wheels
- 14 inches impeller
- It doesn’t provide a high blower capacity compared to the other blowers on our list.
Finding the best walk behind leaf blower can be a challenge for new homeowners. Before buying one, make sure that you do your research. This way, you have an idea whether you are buying a gas-powered or an electric leaf blower.
If you want something techy, we also have a self-propelled leaf blower on the market. However, if you are someone who owns a large property, then investing in a gas-powered one will work out for you. We hope that with our recommendation list, we can give you some of the best leaf blowers for your needs