Buying the best wood chipper under $1000 is a great investment. Make sure to read this article for some of the best recommendations for the wood chipper.
Having the best wood chipper under $1000 is a great investment. Wood chippers can turn your chopped wood into chips. Many people often find this another expense than an investment. However, wood chippers can change the way you manage your firewood in the long run. Read below to find out.
- Is A Wood Chipper Worth Buying?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick
- What You Need To Know: Frequently Asked Questions About Wood Chipper
- What Do We Need A Wood Chipper For?
- Is A Wood Chipper An Expensive Tool?
- What Kind Of Wood Can I Shred With My Wood Chipper?
- Do Wood Chippers Need Maintenance?
- Can I Shred Wet Wood?
- What Are The Things That I Should Consider When Choosing My Wood Chipper?
- What Is The Best Wood Chipper For People With Large Yards? What About Smaller Yards?
- Can I Tow My Wood Chipper Behind My ATV?
- Are Wood Chippers Dangerous?
- Best Wood Chipper Under $1000 That Is Worth Your Money
Is A Wood Chipper Worth Buying?
Yes, a wood chipper is worth buying. It helps you reduce the time and effort of chopping wood into tinier pieces. Apart from that, wood chips are one of the crucial ingredients in keeping your garden in the best condition. It keeps the moisture locked into the ground. Aside from that, it helps you reduce waste by creating wood chips.
Finding the best wood chipper on the market tends to be a little pricey. However, did you know that you can find the most reliable wood chipper under $1000? It sounds a little bit surprising, but it is true.
Here are some of our recommendations for the best wood chipper in 2022.
Quick Comparison Table
|Landworks Heavy-Duty 3-in-1 Wood Chipper||7 HP||● Gas-powered ● 3-in-1 design|
|EFCUT C30 LITE 7HP Wood Chipper/Shredder||7 HP||● Gas-powered|
|Super Handy Heavy-duty Wood Chipper||7 HP||● Gas-powered ● 3-in-1 design|
|ENGINDOT Electric Wood Chipper||15AMP||● Electric-powered ● Lightweight|
|GARDENBEAUT S1 Wood Chipper/Shredder/Mulcher||7 HP||● Gas-powered ● Lightweight|
Our Top Pick
Among our Top 5 best wood chippers, our top bet would be the Landworks Heavy-Duty 3-in-1 Wood Chipper. One of the things that we like about this wood chipper is its durable built and compact design. Apart from that, it does well on both commercial and residential wood chipping.
- Durably built and designed
- Mobile and easy to maneuver
- All-terrain wheels
- Powerful motor with 212cc power capacity
- Slanting design to ensure no blockages will ensue
- Maximum fuel tank capacity of 0.7 gallons
- Large mulching bag capacity
What You Need To Know: Frequently Asked Questions About Wood Chipper
What Do We Need A Wood Chipper For?
A wood chipper is a tool that we can use to help reduce waste. Most people use this excess wood to create mulch. Mulch is a lot easier to dispose of and easier to reuse. They are often used to keep moisture in the soil.
Is A Wood Chipper An Expensive Tool?
The wood chipper can be an expensive tool. However, if you don’t use it commercially, there are super handy wood chipper shredders that cost less than $1000. Make sure that you do consider your area, usage, and power type. You would be surprised to see some of the best options for you.
What Kind Of Wood Can I Shred With My Wood Chipper?
Depending on the capacity of your wood chipper. Some wood chippers can shred from hardwood, softwood, and branches with or without leaves. Before you shred anything on your wood chipper, make sure to check out its specifications for better guidance.
Do Wood Chippers Need Maintenance?
Yes, you need to do regular maintenance on your wood chippers. However, depending on the type of wood chipper, the degree of maintenance would differ. For example, gas-powered wood chippers may need to be maintained from time to time. You might have to check its carburetor from time to time.
For the electric-powered one, you need to check its motor if there are any issues. Aside from that, you also need to check if the knives in your wood chipper are sharp or dull.
Can I Shred Wet Wood?
Yes, you can. However, you still need to check your user’s manual. Maybe your best wood chipper shredder may not be suitable to shred wet wood.
What Are The Things That I Should Consider When Choosing My Wood Chipper?
There are a lot of things that you need to consider when choosing wood chippers for your needs. You need to consider the size, the type, the horsepower and engine capacity, feed capacity, and maneuverability.
What Is The Best Wood Chipper For People With Large Yards? What About Smaller Yards?
Gas-powered wood chippers are best for heavy-duty wood chipping. If you happen to be living on a larger property, a gas-powered wood chipper is ideal. It saves you the time and effort of dragging the wood back to your home. For smaller properties, electric-powered ones are ideal since they can also be stored right away after they are in use.
Can I Tow My Wood Chipper Behind My ATV?
Yes, you can. Most wood chippers are equipped with wheels to make them easy to maneuver when you are cleaning one area to another. Make sure that you have the equipment to tow your wood chipper to your ATV.
Are Wood Chippers Dangerous?
Yes, they can be. When working with your wood chipper, make sure to stand away from the chute. Debris can go out from the chute when they are slowly chipped into pieces.
Best Wood Chipper Under $1000 That Is Worth Your Money
1. Landworks Heavy-Duty 3-in-1 Wood Chipper
This wood chipper is a multi-functional wood chipper. You can use it as a chipper, for mulching, and vacuuming. This wood chipper can help you maintain your garden and lawn faster with these three functions. Aside from that, it also comes with a unique design that helps you keep your wood chipper from blockages.
- Unique slanted design to stop trees from jamming
- 7HP engine and power capacity
- The gas-powered wood chipper is equipped with wheels
- Durable, all-steel frame
- Can be hooked into your ATV for easy maneuverability
- Easy to assemble
- Hassle-free maintenance
- The mulching bag is too small.
2. EFCUT C30 LITE 7HP Wood Chipper/Shredder
If you are looking for a compact and heavy-duty wood chipper, then this is the best gas wood chipper under $1000 that you are looking for. The EFCUT C30 LITE is a compact wood chipper that comes with 2 small blades that helps shred wood into smaller pieces but at a fast pace.
- Unique design that makes it easy to maintain
- Uses Unleaded 87 fuel
- Can chip wood with 3 inches diameter
- Works well with all kinds of wood, even branches with leaves
- Easy to replace blades
- Highly maneuverable
- Equipped with Oil Absence Protection Mode
- The design can be problematic when you replace defective parts inside the wood chipper.
3. Super Handy Heavy-duty Wood Chipper
If you are looking for a commercial wood chipper at an affordable price, then this wood chipper is the best option for you. This wood chipper comes with a 3-in-1 function; mulching, vacuuming, and chipping. It is equipped with the best OHV engine to ensure that you get everything done in a jiffy.
- Easy to assemble
- Mobile, can be hooked to your ATV
- Comes with 2 oil reservoir
- Cuts 2 inches of wood with no issue
- Low maintenance
- Gas-powered, ideal for large yards
- Durable, all-steel frame
- Not ideal for yards with hills. It is too heavy to pull.
4. ENGINDOT Electric Wood Chipper
If you are looking for an electric wood chipper, then the Engindot Electric Wood Chipper is the best option for you. This wood chipper is equipped with a 15 amp brushless motor for better wood chipping capacity. It comes with a 60L mulching bag capacity. It ensures that you got all your chips inside the mulching bag.
- Environmentally friendly, it uses electricity to work
- It can cut up to 1.73 inches of wood and branches.
- Doesn’t produce a lot of noise compared to its competitor
- This wood chipper comes with a reversible blade and easy to maintain chute.
- Comes with a plunger paddle to help push branches and woods into the chute without clogging.
- It also has a storage box for safekeeping.
- Can run up to 60 RPM
- Not suitable for large yards and with thicker trees.
5. GARDENBEAUT S1 Wood Chipper/Shredder/Mulcher
Most people would often look for the best wood chipper with a Honda engine. However, in this case, we don’t have a wood chipper with a Honda engine. But rather this wood chipper is comparable to one. It is equipped with a 7HP OHV single-cylinder engine. And works well on all kinds of terrain and season.
- Come with an 11.8 cutting rotor blade
- Built and compact design
- Uses Unleaded 87+
- Maximum of 0.7-gallon fuel capacity
- Its wheel is made to run over all kinds of terrain.
- Adjustable chute of 90-145 degrees
- Too pricey compared to its competitor.
We often asked ourselves “what is the best wood chipper for the money?” Half of the time, we would often buy the more expensive ones without exploring the best wood chipper for under $1000. Believe it or not, there are tons of options for the best wood for a cheaper price vantage. Stop asking the question “which wood chipper brand is the best?” You should read the best reviews on the best wood chipper on the market.