Cutting hardwood can be a problematic event. With the best chainsaw chain for hardwood, you get to save more time, effort, and even money.
Having the best chainsaw chain for hardwood can do a lot of wonders when you want to get the job done. It makes your job a lot easier to accomplish. You don’t have to lag behind schedule on cutting one of the biggest trees. But really, what is the best chainsaw chain for hardwood?
- Why Is It Important To Use The Right Chainsaw For Cutting?
- Quick Comparison Table
- What Are The Different Types Of Chainsaw Chains?
- What’s The Best Chain Type For Hardwood?
- 5 Best Chainsaw Chains For Hardwood (Review)
Why Is It Important To Use The Right Chainsaw For Cutting?
Using the right chainsaw chain is very important. It helps you accomplish the task faster. Aside from that, it helps you save money, energy, and fuel. It also dulls your chainsaw in the process, it makes it ineffective to use if you insist on using the wrong chainsaw for the wrong type of wood.
Thus, you must choose your chainsaw wisely. This way, you can accomplish cutting hardwood with minimal effort and time spent. If you are one of the few, who are looking for the best chainsaw chain for chopping your hardwood, then you are in luck. In this article, we are going to write down some of the best recommendations of the best chainsaw chain in the market.
Quick Comparison Table
|Preview||Product||Chain Length||Recommended For||Price|
|Husqvarna H80-72 Chainsaw Chain||20 inches||Commercial cutters & occasional users|
|Oregon AdvanceCut R40||10 inches||Occasional Users|
|Stihl 26RS 81||20 inches||Occasional and commercial users|
|Logger Arts Gen SG-S56 (3pcs)||8 inches||Occasional Users|
|Jeremywell R34 (2pcs)||8 inches||Occasional Users|
What Are The Different Types Of Chainsaw Chains?
One of the important things that you need to remember before buying a chainsaw chain is that there are tons of different types of chains. These types are also partnered up with different types of cutters to produce a better quality experience when cutting hardwood trees.
These chainsaw chains are known for their great power in terms of cutting. These cutters have square-cornered teeth that allow the chain to cut more efficiently when in use.
Semi Chisel Cutters
If you aren’t into the fast-cutting cutters, then the semi-chisel cutters may be the one for you. It has rounded corner teeth that allow the chain to cut efficiently but slowly.
Low Profile Cutters
If it is your first time cutting trees, then you may not want to consider the chisel cutters and the semi-chisel cutter. This chainsaw chain cutter has rounded teeth, but they are often used for first-timers. It doesn’t usually have kickbacks, so it is safe to use them.
Full Complement Chainsaw Chain
This chainsaw chain is considered the standard. It is often found in electric chainsaws and battery-powered chainsaws. It comes with a sequence of a left cutter, drive link, right cutter, drive link, and so on. This chain cut up to 24 inches of wood.
Skip Complement Chainsaw Chain
This type of chain has a different sequence of cutters and drive links. Unlike the full complement chain, the skip complement comes with 2 drive links in between the right and left cutter. It only has 1/3 number of teeth compared to the full complement chain.
Semi-Skip Chainsaw Chain
This chainsaw chain is considered a hybrid between the two types of chainsaw chains mentioned above. Unlike the other, this chainsaw chain has a full complement chain sequence and a skip chain sequence. This chainsaw chain is often used as a last option chain if you opt for an extra cutting experience.
What’s The Best Chain Type For Hardwood?
If you are planning to get a chainsaw chain for your chainsaw, opt for the full complement chainsaw chain. Make sure that you get the full chisel cutters as well. This type of chainsaw allows you to cut into hardwood with less difficulty. Aside from that, it saves you time and effort on having the job done. However, aside from the chainsaw type, you need to consider the size as well. The best chainsaw chain size corresponds with its efficiency to cut hardwood trees.
5 Best Chainsaw Chains For Hardwood (Review)
1. Husqvarna H80-72 Chainsaw Chain
If you are looking for one of the best chainsaw chains for hardwood cutting, then this chainsaw chain is a perfect option for you. Husqvarna H80-72 is made by the finest chainsaw makers in the world. This chainsaw chain is a full complement chainsaw with 20 inches chainsaw size.
- This chainsaw chain is made from the best stainless steel. Expect that it’s durable for daily usage.
- It’s a low vibration chainsaw chain which makes it a lot easier to use when cutting hardwood.
- It is a perfect chainsaw chain for lightweight chainsaw chains.
- It is a perfect chainsaw chain for small cutters, arborists, and occasional users.
- It is also a lightweight chain, no need to worry about the weight when using it.
- This safety chainsaw chain is created to limit the kickback when in use.
- Compatible with many chainsaw brands in the market.
- It takes a lot of time to tighten when installing it for the first time.
2. Oregon AdvanceCut R40
If you have a shorter chainsaw or a pole saw and want it to have a more heavy-duty cutting edge, then the Oregon AdvanceCut R40 might be the best chainsaw chain for you. This chainsaw chain is shorter compared to others on our list. This chainsaw chain is about 10 inches in diameter. This chainsaw chain is also one of the makers of the best chainsaw chain for dry hardwood
- Highly compatible with smaller chainsaw and pole saws
- It has LubriTec Technology that oils and maintains the chain.
- It also has a low kickback performance.
- It has a top-filing plate indicator for a better sharpening experience.
- It doesn’t bind when you use it.
- It has a really good cutting performance.
- It is cheaper compared to its competitors.
- Some of the chainsaw chains are defective and could be fake; only buy from authorized sellers and resellers.
3. Stihl 26RS 81
If you are looking for a professional chainsaw chain is a full complement chainsaw chain that allows you to get a great and efficient cutting experience. This chainsaw chain with pitches of 0.325 and a 0.063 gauge.
- This chainsaw cuts hardwood, small and thick trees well.
- They have the sharpest chainsaw chain.
- Its efficient cutting gives off that good cutting line on the wood.
- It is compatible with many chainsaws in the market.
- This chainsaw chain is made from durable material.
- Aside from the smooth cutting, this chainsaw chain doesn’t vibrate.
- It has an Oilmatic system for easy lubrication and maintenance.
- Be careful when buying this product. Make sure that you research how to know if a chainsaw chain is bad. Many sellers are selling the counterfeit version of this chainsaw.
- Be wary of its kickback.
4. Logger Arts Gen SG-S56 (3pcs)
If you are looking for a small chainsaw chain with a heavy-duty finish, then the Loggers Arts Gen SG-S56 is the best option for you. This chainsaw chain is a semi-chisel chainsaw chain. It allows you to do the heavy-duty cutting. If you decide to purchase this chainsaw chain, you get to buy not one but 3 chainsaw chains.
- This chainsaw chain is perfect for residential yard cutting and damaged tree cuttings.
- This chainsaw chain is also made from the best quality imported steel that makes it twice as durable compared to its counterparts.
- Whether or not you are using the best chainsaw chain angle for hardwood cutting it still gives you a smooth cutting.
- It has a low kickback response which was able to meet the ANSI standards.
- The chainsaw chain was crafted well, the drive links were properly connected to avoid binding issues when in use.
- The chainsaw chain plate is covered with industrial hard chrome to make it more durable on the daily wear and tear.
- Compatible with many chainsaws. However, you need to check the pitch and gauge.
- Some of the blades in this set accidentally come off the bar, so make sure you don’t have a defective one. If so, request a return or replacement immediately.
5. Jeremywell R34 (2pcs)
If you want a cheaper option of the best low-profile pitch chainsaw chain, why not get the Jeremywell R34. This chainsaw chain is made from the best materials and it comes in 2 pieces per purchase. Aside from its wallet-friendly price, this chainsaw chain is a universal chainsaw chain for almost all kinds of chainsaw brands in the market.
- This chainsaw chain is about 8 inches. It is perfect for a handy chainsaw with shorter bars.
- It has a low kick-back effect when in use.
- It is made from imported metal from Germany, with its chainsaw chain plates coated with industrial chrome.
- It also has a low vibration effect, giving you cleaner cuts.
- Its well-made rivets and links are made to ensure that it can carry the load of cutting larger hardwood trees.
- Highly compatible with almost all brands of chainsaw
- It gives off a smooth-cutting result.
- It doesn’t fit longer chainsaw bars.
Finding the best chainsaw chain for hardwood is not a simple walk in the park. There are tons of things that you need to consider and learn. You must spend more time researching which chainsaw chain in our list is the best one for you. Make sure that you extend your research on maintenance of the chainsaw chains like what is the best angle to sharpen a chainsaw chain for hardwood. That way, you are ready to use your chainsaw chain and keep them in check as soon as you get them delivered to you.