When installing a sprinkler, some adjusting may be needed so it works the way you want. Here’s a guide on how to adjust orbit sprinkler head the easy way.
Sprinklers are extremely useful machines that you can use in order to keep your lawn fresh. Orbit sprinklers, in particular, are great because they sprinkle water all around the area. Hence its name, the orbit sprinkler.
Now, another cool thing about the orbit sprinkler is that you can adjust its head so that it can shoot in the direction that you want. You just have to know how to adjust orbit sprinkler head.
If you don’t, then take a look at the guide that we’ve prepared for you below:
The Orbit Sprinkler Head And Its Types
In our guide, we’re going to explain some of the steps you need to take in order to adjust your orbit sprinkler. But before we go to the steps on how to adjust orbit sprinkler head directions, let’s first understand what an orbit sprinkler is and how it functions.
Now, the first thing to know about orbit sprinklers is that there are two kinds that you can choose from. These are the pop-up types and the impact types.
The pop-up types are the ones that come out from the ground and sprinkle water around while the impact types are the ones that are visible. They also rotate and sprinkle water in all directions.
Some of the features of a typical orbit sprinkler include:
- 2 or more valve
- Automated operation
- Wireless operation
- 25 to 360-degree nozzle
These are some of the important things you’ll need to know about your orbit sprinkler. Now that we have that out of the way, let’s move on to our simple guide on how to adjust orbit professional sprinkler head.
How To Adjust Orbit Sprinkler Head Directions
As we mentioned earlier, there are two kinds of orbit sprinklers. That said, we’re going to discuss how to adjust both of them.
Take a look below:
Impact Orbit Sprinkler
- Turn off the sprinkler.
- Slide the two friction collars to change the spray pattern.
- Squeeze the tabs and set one to the right most part and the other one to the left most part.
- When the trip lever appears, lift it up and set it against the spray head’s side.
- Use a screwdriver to tightly screw the diffuser pin on the nozzle’s front.
- Screwing it tightly will decrease the spray distance and increase the water volume.
- Screwing it loosely, on the other hand, will give more distance but will also decrease water volume.
Pop Up Orbit Sprinkler
- Turn the sprinkler off.
- Use a pull up tool to lift up the metal screw on the center of the nozzle.
- With the screw loose, the sleeve can be turned clockwise until it comes off.
- At the same time, turn the nozzle counterclockwise. You can choose how far you want to turn it.
- Get a flat head screwdriver and place it in the screw slot in the center.
- When you turn the screw clockwise, you can reduce the spray volume if you don’t want the water to be too strong.
- Conversely, you turn the screw counterclockwise to increase the strength of the water.
- When you adjust the pressure of the water, you just need to put back the sleeve.
These are some of the important steps you need to learn to know how to adjust orbit sprinkler head. This guide aims at teaching you how to adjust the two most common types of orbit sprinkler heads since they are built differently. So, no matter which one you have in your home, you won’t have any trouble adjusting either one. All you have to do is apply our guide to the one that you have and you should be able to get the job done.
You may also refer to a how to adjust orbit sprinkler head video if you prefer to have visual lessons. There are lots of videos on YouTube that teach you how to adjust both of these kinds of orbit sprinkler heads. You just need to search for the one that can help you best.
The next time you want to change the distance or water volume of your orbit sprinkler head, don’t forget this guide. We are certain that our guide can really help you with this job.