Looking for the best 18 inch chainsaw for your garden? Make sure to check out some of our top recommendations for the best 18 inch chainsaw in the market.
A lot of people often believe that the best 18 inch chainsaw is expensive. If you happen to be looking for a cheap chainsaw for your home, then make sure to read the article below. We might have some of the best and most cost-effective chainsaws that you are looking for.
- What Is An 18 Inch Chainsaw Used For?
- Quick Comparison Table
- What To Look For When Buying A Chainsaw For Home
- Our Top Pick
- The 5 Best 18 Inch Chainsaws To Buy
An 18-inches chainsaw is often used to cut small to medium-size trees. Aside from that, it is often used to prune trees and landscape your garden. It comes with an 18 inch chainsaw bar, which is light and easy to hold whenever you are working in your garden.
However, if you are one of the few who are still asking “what is a good 18 inch chainsaw?” Then maybe we can help you find some of the best chainsaws in the market. There are tons of chainsaws that are comparable to the best 18 inch stihl chainsaw. You don’t need too much money on chainsaws that you only use for your home maintenance.
Quick Comparison Table
|Oregon CS1500 Chainsaw||Electric||● Self-sharpening system ● 91PS Power chain|
|Poulan Pro PR4218 Chainsaw||Gas||● OxyPower Fuel Consumption ● 42cc engine|
|Greenworks Pro 80V Chainsaw||Electric||● 15 Amp Brushless Motor ● Inertia-activated electric brake|
|Kobalt 80V Li-Ion Cordless Chainsaw||Electric||● Heavy duty cutting ● Noiseless cutting|
|Husqvarna 445 Chainsaw||Gas||● 2.8-HP X-Torq Engine ● Rugged Chainsaw Design·|
What To Look For When Buying A Chainsaw For Home
One of the things that you need to consider when you buy a best 18 inch budget chainsaw is its power source. There are three types of a chainsaw in the market; gas-powered, cordless and battery-powered, and corded.
When choosing the type of chainsaw, this also corresponds to the idea of how big is your property. Gas-powered and cordless chainsaws are ideal for spacious and large properties while the corded one is ideal for smaller properties.
Another important factor to consider is the diameters of the tree trunks. The size of the chainsaw bar corresponds to the diameter of the tree trunks.18 inches chainsaws are often used to cut medium-size trees.
You can measure the tree trunks and get their diameter. This will help you understand if the 18 inches chainsaw is the best one for you. Heavy-duty 18 inches chainsaws can cut up to 30 inches in diameter. However, if it’s more than that, that is a different story.
If you are planning to get a gas-powered chainsaw, consider the size of the motor. When choosing the motor size, it should be able to withstand the kind of work that you do on a daily basis.
The bigger the motor, the faster it cuts through. Make sure that your gas-powered handheld chainsaw has a motor sized between 30-50cc.
Aside from the ones mentioned above, it is also best to consider the safety features of the chainsaw in the market. Some of the safety features that you need to check are the anti-vibration system and the low-kickback features. You should also consider the automatic brake features as well. This way, you rest assured that you are safe whenever you are using this chainsaw.
Consider the design as well. Most people would often forgo choosing the design. However, it’s crucial that you take this into consideration.
A chainsaw with an ergonomic design makes it easier for users to use whenever they are cutting. Aside from that, it helps them maneuver the chainsaw with fewer issues and worries.
In terms of the best chainsaw on our list, our top choice is the Oregon CS1500. This chainsaw is pre-assembled upon purchase. It saves you the hassle of installing the chainsaw on your own.
It also comes with an ergonomic design which makes it a lot easier to maneuver and use in your small area. Apart from that, this chainsaw is also packed with several features that you should look forward to using if you are planning to buy one.
- Self-sharpening feature.
- You can purchase this device with several package options.
- It is equipped with a 91PS power chain.
- Easy start button.
- Tool-less adjustment
- Low vibration and Low Kickback features.
1. Oregon CS1500 Chainsaw
The first one on our list is the Oregon CS1500. This chainsaw is electric-powered which is ideal for small properties. It comes with the traditional Oregon colors; a mixture of black, gray, and red. It comes with an ergonomic design, which makes it the best 18 inch chainsaw for the money
- Ideal for small properties.
- It doesn’t produce any noise when in use.
- Environment friendly.
- Self-sharpening features make it a lot easier to maintain.
- The chainsaw is pre-assembled when you receive it.
- Instant oiling feature
- Easy start button.
- Since it’s a corded chainsaw, it is not ideal for larger areas. You might have to invest in an electric cord to keep the chainsaw working.
- Some of its parts are not that durable. There are parts that are made from plastic.
2. Poulan Pro PR4218 Chainsaw
If you are opting for a gas-powered small chainsaw, then the Poulan Pro PR4218 is your best option. This heavy-duty chainsaw comes in black with a dash of yellow. You can see their branding on the 18 inch chainsaw bar.
- Ideal for larger areas.
- Handy and lightweight.
- The OxyPower feature makes fuel consumption much more cost-effective.
- Equipped with an anti-vibration system.
- It comes with a 2-stroke engine which starts immediately.
- Automatic oiling system.
- It comes with a superior filtering system that helps extends the motor life of your chainsaw bar.
- It comes with plastic parts which break easily after several uses.
- The chainsaw needs to be adjusted several times before you can find the proper fit.
3. Greenworks Pro 80V Chainsaw
In its typical Greenworks fashion, this battery-powered chainsaw comes in a combination of green and black. At a glance, the Greenworks Pro 80V looks bulky and heavy. However, this chainsaw is one of the lightest chainsaws on the market. It weighs about 2.05 Pounds.
- This cordless chainsaw is powered by a 2.4Ah battery.
- It also comes with a 15 amp brushless motor.
- Easy start button.
- Transparent oil window
- The chainsaw bar can cut trees 34 inches in diameter.
- Equipped with an inertia-activated brake for safety measures.
- Side-mounted chain for easy bar and chain maintenance.
- Upon purchase, you will also receive their fast charger and 2 40V batteries.
- The chains would often pop off after 5-10 minutes.
- Its oil reservoir leaks from time to time.
4. Kobalt 80V Li-Ion Cordless Chainsaw
Another cordless chainsaw that we can recommend is the Kobalt 80V Li-ion Cordless Chainsaw. This chainsaw comes in a black and indigo color combination. This chainsaw is another heavy-duty chainsaw that can cut up to 30-inches in diameter.
- It works well with large properties since it doesn’t need a power cord.
- This chainsaw comes with a low-kickback feature.
- It also has an automatic electric chain brake for safety.
- Equipped with a quick-adjust tensioning system.
- Heavy-duty cutting
- Lightweight chainsaw.
- It doesn’t produce any noise when in use.
- Charging time can take a while.
- Some of the batteries and chargers have some defects. This chainsaw is best bought in-store than being bought online.
5. Husqvarna 445 Chainsaw
This gas-powered chainsaw comes in its traditional orange and gray ensemble. This color is the traditional color of the brand Husqvarna. One of the key features of this chainsaw is its ergonomic design.
The ergonomic design of this chainsaw allows users to use this chainsaw with ease. At the same time, its side-mounted chain makes it easier to install and maintain.
- Equipped with an easy start button.
- It has a rugged design that can cut trees of different bark textures.
- The chainsaw is equipped with a 2.8-HP X-Torq which can help reduce emission and promotes better fuel consumption.
- Comes with a low vibration system to ensure safety.
- Automatic oiler system for easy lubrication and chain maintenance.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- Ideal for heavy-duty clean-up and yard maintenance.
- Takes a lot of time to start.
To sum it up, choosing the best 18 inch chainsaw requires a lot of research, especially for first-time gardeners. You need to take into consideration the size of your area and the power source to make it easier for you to work your chainsaw. Apart from that, you also have to consider the safety features and its design to ensure safety for its users.
These are just some of the best 18 inch chainsaws for personal use. We hope that you are able to find the best chainsaw from our list. That way, you know your chainsaw was worth the money that you spent on.