Finding the best cloning machines is never easy. But with this short guide and review, we might just be able to help you find the perfect cloner for you!
The best cloning machines can change the way you grow your plants. A cloning machine is an automatic machine that can easily duplicate the plants in your garden. Believe it or not, it helps you culture the best plants without spending tons of effort growing them in your hydroponic system.
- What Is A Cloning Machine?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick 2022
- What Is A Hydroponics Clone Machine?
- How Does A Cloning Machine Work?
- 5 Best Cloning Machines To Buy This 2022
What Is A Cloning Machine?
Is there a cloning machine? Yes, there is. This cloning machine is not intended to clone animals but plants. Cloning machines (also known as cloners) are created by horticulturists to help people increase their success in growing their favored plants.
This machine duplicates the genetics of these plants from one specific culture. Once the plants are ready for implantation, horticulturists can easily transplant them to their new environment.
If you are planning on investing in one, you can easily choose among the best cloning machines available in the market. Make sure to check out our recommendation list to find out.
Quick Comparison Table
|Preview||Product||Number of Slots||Dimensions||Price|
|Clone King 36-slots Cloning Machine||36||13.75 x 13.75 x 12.5 inches|
|Viagrow® VCLN24 Clone Machine||24||11.5 x 9.25 x 16.5 inches|
|Hortipots Aeroponic Cloning Machine||35||16.65 x 16.06 x 7.4 inches|
|Psycloner DWC Cloning Machine 24 slots||24||6 x 16.5 x 12 inches|
|Mototeks Inc. Portable Grill in Blue||24||16.77 x 12.24 x 7.48 inches|
Our Top Pick 2022
There are tons of cloners available in the market. However, the Clone King 36-slots Cloning Machine is what we considered as the best among the rest. It comes with a higher number of sites that you can use for cloning. Aside from that, it is easy to install and use. It is a perfect cloner for both professionals and beginners.
A hydroponic cloning machine is a cloning machine that uses a reservoir filled with water. The water is mixed with nutrients that will help hydroponic plants to grow and thrive. The reservoir comes with a pump to make sure that water is clean and fresh for the roots to grow into.
Maintaining this method can be tedious. You need to make sure that the water in the reservoir is always clean and free from algae, fungus, and bacteria. However, the hydroponic cloning method is the best cloning system compared to the aeroponic cloning system.
A lot of people often ask the question “how does a cloning machine work?” If you happen to be curious about how it works, down below are some of the steps on how to use the cloning machine.
Step# 1 Prepare All The Things That You Need For The Process
Prepare the cloning equipment. Make sure that all the cables are connected properly to the machine. Aside from that, choose the best donor plant for your cloning process. Your donor plant should be healthy. As part of your preparations, you need to prepare the nursery and the environment for the cloning process. This way, everything will move smoothly.
Step# 2 Start Filling The Reservoir
When adding the water, make sure the water doesn’t go beyond the waterline limit. The water should be clean and at the right temperature. For people using tap water, make sure that you have it filtered before adding it into the reservoir. After filling the reservoir, add the cloning solution to purify the water.
Step# 3 Start Cutting the Donor Plant
Now that the water is ready, you can start cutting the donor plant. When cutting the donor plant, you need to remember that it should be exactly 3 inches. Regardless of what hydroponic machine you are using, 3 inches is the standard size of the donor plant that is to be inserted into the hydroponic cloning machine.
Step# 4 Insert The Small Pieces Of The Donor Plants Into The Machine
The next step is to insert the small pieces into the machine. When inserting the small plants, make sure to put them inside the cloning region properly. Once the donor plants are inserted, make sure that the cloning part is dipped into the cloning solution. Make sure to monitor their progress. This way, it will be easier to tell if the plants are ready to be transplanted into their new habitat.
Step# 5 Transplant The Plants
Once the plants are ready to be transplanted, make sure that you have a make-shift nursery. That way, it would be easier to plant them until they are ready to be harvested. Get the newly matured plants from the cloning box, then you can start planting them.
1. Clone King 36-slots Cloning Machine
If you are looking for a cloning machine with the best cloning machine software, then you might want to consider the Clone King 36-Slots Cloning Machine. This cloning machine comes with 36 slots with red and blue colored sites. It’s an aeroponic cloning machine that has 100% cloning success.
- Upon purchase, you get the full aeroponic cloning set minus the grow lights.
- This cloning machine comes with 13 spray heads to ensure water is distributed all over the 36 sites.
- It comes with detailed and easy-to-understand instructions to ensure a 100% successful cloning rate.
- The roots grow faster than you expect them to be. Within the span of 14 days, you can see the roots growing and they are ready to be transplanted.
- They are packaged well when sent.
- The pump is heavy-duty. It can withstand the usage of daily cycles.
- This cloning machine is also compatible with other replacement parts like sprays and pumps in the market.
- The 100% success rate doesn’t work on all kinds of plants. Make sure to do your research on fruits that can easily be cloned.
2. Viagrow® VCLN24 Clone Machine
If you are looking for a cheaper and smaller cloning machine for your home, then why not get the Viagrow® VCLN24 Clone Machine? This cloning machine comes in a storage box design with colorful neoprene collars on top. The best thing about this device is that it gives you a clean and sturdy look.
- It comes with 24 sites.
- The pump is heavy-duty. It runs well in full cycles.
- This cloning machine has a thick screen that stops growing roots from clogging the pump.
- The cloning machine keeps the water at a constant temperature.
- Its manifolds are tested to ensure sturdiness and quality.
- The collars come in different colors, to make it easier for people who are cloning different plants at the same time.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The cloning box is made from cheap plastic.
3. Hortipots Aeroponic Cloning Machine
Another heavy-duty cloning machine that you should consider is this cloning machine from Hortipots. The Hortipots Aeroponic Cloning Machine comes with 35 sites and5 neoprene-colored collars. The best part of it is that it comes with a propagation dome to ensure that your clones are growing smoothly.
- This cloning machine comes with easy-to-understand installation instructions for beginners.
- Aside from the installation instruction, the cloning materials are written in
- Detachable propagation dome to protect the leaves from transpiring.
- It doesn’t need an air pump for ventilation.
- The design of the cloning machines ensures that no water leaks and clogging can affect its performance.
- The cloning machine is heavy-duty.
- It is highly effective, after 10 days you can see roots growing.
- The cloning sites are too close and it gets too cramped.
4. Psycloner DWC Cloning Machine 24 slots
At a glance, this cloning machine comes in a black cloning box with 24 colorful sites on its lid. It stands about 6 x 16.5 x 12 inches which don’t take a lot of space. Aside from that, it is lightweight. It’s a perfect cloning device for occasional cloners.
- It comes with detailed instructions on how to install and start your cloning experience.
- A perfect cloning machine for beginners who are just starting in cloning plants.
- This cloning machine comes with a DWC kit that makes it a lot easier to use in cloning plants.
- Each site is equipped with a long-lasting air pump.
- The neoprene inserts come in 4 colors.
- Upon purchase, you will get a complete set including the DWC kit.
- It is less hassle. You just need to pour the DWC with water into the reservoir.
- Some of the parts are not as sturdy. Please double-check the products for defects before using them.
5. HortiPots DWC Cloner
With its gray ensemble, this HortiPots DWC Cloner comes with 24 sites. One of the best things about this device is its multipurpose kit. It can be used as a rooting cloner and a seed germinating kit at the same time. Aside from that, this device comes with a propagation dome for an easy cloning experience.
- Dual-purpose cloning machine. You can germinate and clone simultaneously.
- It comes with 2 sets of neoprene inserts and standard net pots.
- The DWC Kit is a 2-in-1 formulation. You can just pour it into the reservoir with water.
- Its propagation dome keeps the humidity inside the cloning machine
- The clear design of the dome makes it easier to track the progress of your plants.
- It comes with unique oxygen bubble tubing which allows oxygen to circulate without using a water pump.
- Equipped with a bubbler which gives better ventilation compared to air stones.
- It is not sturdy.
Investing in the best cloning machines can change your garden’s plant production. It helps you have a better success rate on growing plants compared to doing it in the normal method. Thus, investing in the best cloner should be given a lot of thought and consideration. This way, you will be able to choose only the best one for your garden. If you are looking for the best one in the market, make sure to check out some of our best recommendations. One of them might just be the one for you.