Are you tired of your scruffy lawn and garden space? Then, why not invest in the best commercial edger to keep your garden pristine and neat all the time?
Trimming your garden can be a nightmare, especially trimming the edges. Half of the time, your lawnmower or zero-turn mower finds it hard to trim these tricky areas. However, If you happen to have the best commercial edger, then maybe these tricky areas may not be as tricky at all.
- What Is An Edger And What Is It For?
- Quick Comparison Table: Best Commercial Edger
- Standard Edger Vs Commercial Edger: What’s The Difference?
- How To Choose The Best Edger For Commercial Use
- What Are The Best Commercial Edgers For Lawns?
- Husqvarna 128LD Edger
- Black Decker 2-in-1 String Trimmer and Trencher
- Worx WG184 40V Cordless String Trimmer
- Ego Power ME0800 Cordless String Trimmer
- LawnMaster NPTGSP2517A String Trimmer
What Is An Edger And What Is It For?
An edger plays an important role for many garden owners and landscapers. This tool is used to create neat edges on specific parts of your lawn. With this tool, you can easily make neat edges on your garden, patio, walkway, and driveways.
Although this tool is purely used for aesthetics, it comes as a big help to your garden. There are still a lot of people who are still asking how to use a commercial edger. This tool can easily make your garden a cleaner space for you and your family. Thus, investing in one is probably one of the ways to keep your garden and lawn a more pleasant space for everyone in the family.
Quick Comparison Table: Best Commercial Edger
|Preview||Product||Power Type||Cutting Width||Price|
|Husqvarna 128LD Edger||gas||17 inches|
|Black Decker 2-in-1 String Trimmer and Trencher||Electric powered||7 ½ inches|
|Worx WG184 40V Cordless String Trimmer||40V Battery||13 inches|
|Ego Power ME0800 Cordless String Trimmer||56V Battery||8 inches|
|LawnMaster NPTGSP2517A String Trimmer||Gas||17 inches|
Standard Edger Vs Commercial Edger: What’s The Difference?
Both edgers have one common goal: to clean the edges of your sidewalk, patios, driveways, and walkways. Both the standard and commercial edgers come in different power sources. You can opt to choose the electric-powered ones or the gas-powered ones.
One of the key differences between a standard edger and a commercial edger is the quality. A lot of people would often say that commercial edgers tend to do a more clean job compared to the standard.
Apart from the quality, they also differ in the price range. Standard edgers are cheaper than commercial edgers. Commercial edgers are more pricey depending on their power source.
How To Choose The Best Edger For Commercial Use
If you are one of the few who often rely on commercial edger rental, it’s a big knowledge that it can be pricey in the long run. Thus, buying your commercial edger is a big investment.
The Size Of The Yard Matters
When choosing the best commercial edgers, you need to consider the size and shape of your property. There are different kinds of edgers that come with commercial edger attachment to help you clean the areas that are curved or straight. Aside from that, knowing the size of the property helps you gauge the power capacity that you need.
When buying a commercial edger for sale, make sure to check the power source. Commercial edgers often use gas, electricity, or large batteries to function. If you happen to be someone living on a large property, then maybe a gas-powered commercial edger will work out for you. However, if you have that small to medium property, then you won’t have any worries about using electric-powered or battery-powered commercial edgers.
Easy To Maintain
Another important factor to consider is maintenance. If you are new to landscaping, then buying a commercial trimmer with an easy-to-maintain feature is a big plus. That way, you won’t have to worry about complicated maintenance.
When buying a commercial edger, you need to check its features and other functions. A commercial edger is a very expensive investment. Make sure that you buy one with a multi-functional edger. Then you won’t have to buy other garden tools that would take a lot of space in your garden shed.
Cutting Depth And Blade Replacement
Cutting depth also plays an important role when buying a commercial edger. The larger the cutting capacity, the faster you finish trimming your garden. Aside from that, you need to consider the blade replacement as well. Make sure that your commercial edger is compatible with the best commercial edger blades. That way, you can use these blades in cutting your lawn with no issues at all.
When choosing the best commercial edger trimmer, make sure to consider the weight as well. Regardless of who will be using the commercial edger, your commercial edger trimmer should not be heavy. It should be light enough to make it a lot easier to lift by women or elderlies.
What Are The Best Commercial Edgers For Lawns?
Husqvarna 128LD Edger
One of the key features that we can see in the Husqvarna 128LD Edger is its striking orange and gray parts. This gas-powered commercial edger can easily cut 17 inches of grass when working on your lawn. With its larger capacity, expect to get the job done faster than you expect it to be.
- It is equipped with a 28 cc 2 cycle engine with a smart start function.
- This uses unleaded gasoline which makes it more environmentally friendly.
- It comes with a detachable shaft to make it easier to store when not in use.
- Also comes with a translucent fuel tank to make it easier to monitor the fuel consumption
- Has a tap-and-go trimmer head, which makes it a lot easier to change the string cutter.
- It is ideal for larger properties since they are cordless
- It is lightweight and perfect to use for families with elderlies.
- Not ideal for people over 6 feet.
Black Decker 2-in-1 String Trimmer and Trencher
If you are looking for a multifunctional trimmer, then this string trimmer is the perfect one that you are looking for. The Black Decker 2-in-1 String Trimmer and Trencher comes in an orange and black ensemble. This electric-powered string trimmer comes with an extra handle to add more stability to your string trimmer/ trencher.
- It is multifunctional. You can use it as a string trimmer and trenches at the same time.
- Uses a 12-amp motor to ensure maximum trenching and trimming capacity.
- It comes with 3 blade adjustments to help maximize the best maximum depth when trimming and trenching.
- With a pull edge feature to make it a lot easier to trim on the trickier areas.
- Since it is electric-powered, it’s more environmentally friendly.
- It is easy to maintain since it’s an electric-powered string trimmer.
- Aside from being a good trimmer, it is also a powerful trencher.
- Despite being a versatile garden machine, its plastic parts can easily crumble after several uses.
Worx WG184 40V Cordless String Trimmer
If you are looking for a battery-powered trimmer, then the Worx WG184 is the string trimmer for you. It uses 2 20V MaxLithium PowerShare to ensure that you get the job done faster. Aside from that, its easy to handle feature makes it the best commercial edgers lawn for beginners.
- This string trimmer can also be used as a trencher.
- Its replacement parts are easily available in many Worx stores nationwide.
- It comes with a D-grip handle to make it a lot easier to hold and trim.
- Has a pivoting head to make it easier to switch from trimmer o trencher in seconds.
- It comes with a command feed spool that automatically releases the feeding line with just a touch of a button.
- With adjustable speed options.
- It has a cutting width of 13 inches
- The strings can easily get damaged. Make sure that you have tons of 0.08 trimmer lines in your shed for continuous usage.
Ego Power ME0800 Cordless String Trimmer
One of the distinct features that you can see on this string trimmer is its silver finish with a dash of green on some of its parts. Aside from that, this cordless trimmer is probably the largest trimmer on our recommendation list.
- This cordless trimmer uses a 56V ARC Lithium battery.
- It is equipped with a highly efficient brushless motor for efficient cutting capacity.
- It comes with a wheel guide to make edge trimming a better experience.
- With an 8 inches edger blade.
- It has a 3 inches edging depth.
- Aside from that, this edger is water-resistant
- It’s compatible with almost all kinds of EGO Power attachments. You can easily swap attachments from time to time.
- The battery and charger needs to be purchased separately.
LawnMaster NPTGSP2517A String Trimmer
With its easy electric starting feature, the LawnMaster NPTGSP2517A String Trimmer makes it a lot more convenient to use. You don’t have to pull the strings to start, you just have to push the start button, then you are good to go.
- It has a 420ml tank capacity.
- It comes with a dual string line which makes it a powerful string trimmer line.
- This is equipped with a 25-cc motor to ensure efficient cutting.
- Comes with an ergonomic design which makes it easy to adjust for people with different heights.
- Its fuel tank comes with a fuel bulb which gives you better visuals of your fuel tank capacity.
- With a multi-tool attachment which makes it a versatile garden design.
- It works well with a 0.095 inches trimmer line.
- This garden tool is heavy and tends to overheat when in use for a long time.
Buying the best commercial edger is one of the best investments that you should consider getting for your garden. However, there are a lot of things that you need to consider before buying one. Make sure that you take the time to read and understand our tips before buying one. That way, you will be able to find the best one that will meet your needs.