Why settle for less? Invest in the best garden tractor for hills. Make sure to check out our best garden tractor recommendations below.
Regardless of who maintains your lawn and garden on a daily basis, you must invest in the best garden tractor for hills. With the garden tractor, it makes your garden maintenance a lot easier to deal with. But what is the best garden tractor for hills for your needs?
- Why Do You Need A Specific Tractor For Hills?
- Quick Comparison Table
- What To Look For When Buying The Best Garden Tractor For Hills
- 5 Best Garden Tractors For Hills
Why Do You Need A Specific Tractor For Hills?
As we all know, there are tons of reasons why you should consider investing in specific tractors for hills. A specific tractor for hills is designed to easily climb steep areas. Garden tractor for hills has different inclines compared to ordinary tractors. It gives you a clean lawn and hills without exerting too much effort by using a lawnmower.
Quick Comparison Table
|PowerSmart Self-Propelled Lawn Mower||13 HP(200cc)||● Self-propelled ● 5-level height adjustment|
|Husqvarna YTH18542||18.5 HP||● Pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission ● Air induction cutting technology|
|Craftsman 17ARFACQ091 Lawnmower||24 HP||● Bigger cutting deck ● Dual hydrostatic transmission system|
|Husqvarna YTH24V54||24 HP||● Pedal-powered transmission system ● Huge cutting deck with triple-blade design|
|Husqvarna TS 348XD Kawasaki Garden Tractor||24 HP||● Pedal-powered transmission ● Powerful cutting capacity.|
What To Look For When Buying The Best Garden Tractor For Hills
● Types Of Garden Tractor
Riding Lawn Mower
The riding lawn mower is often used for large yards and hilly garden slopes. Most people would often go riding lawn mowers because of the best yard tractor for hills and spacious and large yards. Riding lawn mowers have 15 degrees inclination points and can work either electric or gas-powered.
The push mower is the traditional mower that we often see in the market. They can either be manual or automatic. Push mowers often rely on the person to move them to and fro. Unlike the riding lawn mower, they are considered the safest tractor on hills. Push mowers have higher inclination power. You can trek 1 slope from 18 to 27 degrees on the inclination point.
One of the things that you need to consider when you buy the best garden tractor for mowing hills is the transmission. There are two types of transmission that you can choose from. We have the manual transmission and the hydrostatic transmission.
Given its name Manual, it requires you to stop a few seconds to shift and change gears. It is similar to driving a car with manual transmission.
If you are a first-time gardener, a hydrostatic transmission may work out well for you. A garden tractor with the hydrostatic transmission is similar to having an automatic car. It makes it a lot easier to maneuver, especially with places with sharp turns and inclines.
So far, we are well aware of the two types of transmission. The pedaled-power transmission system. The pedaled-powered transmission system has two different separate pedals for speed for reverse and forward motion. Another pedal is reserved for direction. It makes it a lot easier to deal with when you are driving your ride mower or push mower.
When buying a garden tractor is the engine. When choosing the engine, you need to consider some of the following factors:
- Vertical or horizontal shaft
- Gasoline or diesel
- Air-cooled or water-cooled gasoline
- Single or multiple cylinders.
These factors will help you find what is the best garden tractor for hills. Remember, the engine plays an important role in the efficiency of your garden tractor.
● Cutting Width
Another important factor that you need to take into account is the cutting width. Normally, lawnmowers have a cutting width of 46 to 54 inches which works perfectly for flat surfaces. However, for hilly and flat surfaces, get a garden mower with a cutting width of 42 to 54 inches.
● Height Adjustment
An adjustable mower deck is also an important factor to consider as well. When buying a garden tractor with a height adjustment. It makes belt replacement and maintenance a lot easier to do. Aside from that, it also helps you lower down the deck to cut grasses that are a lot closer to the ground.
5 Best Garden Tractors For Hills
1. PowerSmart Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
PowerSmart Self-Propelled Lawn Mower is a gasoline-powered self-propelled lawn mower. It is equipped with a single-cylinder with a 4 stroke engine. The PowerSmart Self-propelled Lawn Mower is considered one of the best lawn tractors for hills.
It is a self-propelled push mower which makes it a lot easier to clean and mow your flat and hilly lawn. Aside from that, it also comes with a rear bag to make cleaning up a lot easier to accomplish.
- It comes with a 200-CC OHV engine.
- This lawn mower comes with 5 level height adjustments.
- It has a cutting width of 22-inches.
- The lawnmower weighs about 88 lbs.
- Side discharges of leaves make clean-up a lot easier to handle.
- It is gas-powered which makes it more convenient to use for spacious areas.
- It is equipped with a large gasoline tank.
- The lawnmower takes a lot of time to charge.
2. Husqvarna YTH18542
If you are looking for the best small tractor for hills, then this riding lawn mower is the perfect option for you. Husqvarna YTH18542 comes with a pedal-powered hydrostatic transmission system.
Because it’s a pedaled-powered transmission, you can easily focus on the steering wheel with no worries. It comes with an ergonomic plush seat which makes you feel comfortable when clearing your lawn.
- The Husqvarna YTH18542 comes with a 18.5 HP Briggs and Statton engine.
- It can easily turn 16 to 13 inches which makes it easier to cut corners with no problem.
- This lawnmower has a cutting deck of 42 inches which makes it suitable for spacious areas.
- It is the best residential tractor for hills because of its adjustable mowing height.
- This lawnmower also has a reverse cutting method when the lawnmower is put into the reverse position
- It comes with high traction wheels which makes it easier to trek hills and steep slopes.
- The Husqvarna YTH18542 has a gas fuel capacity of 2.4 Gallons.
- The warranty is written clearly. Make sure to check out loopholes on the terms.
3. Craftsman 17ARFACQ091 Lawnmower
For people with spacious yards and steep hills, then maybe the best commercial garden tractor for hills is the one that you are looking for.
The Craftsman 17ARFACQ091 is a riding lawn mower that is made from alloy steel. Because of this, it makes the lawnmower a lot more durable. Apart from that, this riding lawn mower is a zero-turn mower. It makes cleaning corners a lot easier as well.
- It comes with a dual hydrostatic transmission system.
- This lawnmower is equipped with a 24-HP Kohler engine.
- The seats are made in plush materials which makes them comfortable to sit on when clearing your spacious yard.
- Its cutting deck is about 40 inches which makes it more efficient in larger spaces.
- Aside from the spacious cutting deck, it also has an adjustable cutting deck height which makes it more efficient cutting flat surfaces.
- This gasoline-powered lawn mower is equipped with a large gasoline tank capacity to help you get the job done faster.
- It has an easy starting button, no need to crank the engine.
- The battery drains out faster after a few use.
4. Husqvarna YTH24V54
If you want another option for commercial garden tractors, then maybe you should consider this lawnmower as well. The Husqvarna YTH24V54 is a commercial ride mower that has a cutting width of 54 inches.
This commercial riding lawn mower is known to be the best garden tractor for steep hills. It helps you get the job accomplished in a lesser time frame.
- It is equipped with a 24 HP Briggs and Statton engine.
- Pedal-powered transmission system which makes it a lot easier to maneuver.
- This lawnmower has a 16 inches turning radius which is a good radius for tight corners.
- It has an adjustable seat height which helps you to be more comfortable when mowing the hills.
- Aside from its large cutting deck, it comes with a triple-blade system to help chop the grass.
- This lawnmower also has an easy start button.
- Solid traction wheels for steep hills
- It has a small-sized fuel tank.
5. Husqvarna TS 348XD Kawasaki Garden Tractor
If you are looking for a residential garden tractor that can work longer hours, then you might want to consider buying the Husqvarna TS 348XD Kawasaki Garden Tractor.
One of the best things about this garden tractor is its state-of-the-art engine. It is equipped with a 726cc Kawasaki FR Series V-Twin OHV Engine. It is considered one of the most efficient garden tractors for hills in the market.
- Most of the garden tractors from this brand are well-packaged. You rest assured that you get your garden tractor in its best condition.
- It comes with a 48-inches cutting deck.
- The lawnmower has a Tuff-Torq K66 ELD Hydrostatic Transmission
- Aside from that, it has a durable build. It is made from an alloy steel frame.
- It is equipped with an electrical locking differential
- Plush High Chair for a comfortable cleaning experience.
- It is a heavy-duty garden tractor; cuts into grass, saplings, and shrubs.
- Bad customer service.
There are tons of reasons why you should invest in the best garden tractor for hills. It is convenient equipment to help you maintain your garden with minimal effort. Stop asking yourself why you should buy a garden tractor. Rather, it is best that you ask, “which riding mower is best for hills?” This way, you rest assured that you have the best equipment to keep your lawn and garden clean and neat.