Invest in getting the best .080 trimmer line for your home. If you haven’t found one yet, make sure to check out some of the best recommendations below.
One secret that you should know on getting the most beautiful landscape is getting the best .080 trimmer line for your edge trimmer. Most people find this daunting and crazy; however, having the best trimmer line can do a lot of wonders in keeping your yard neat during the summer season.
- Is The .080 Trimmer Line Good For Landscaping?
- Quick Comparison Table
- Our Top Pick
- Frequently Asked Questions About .080 Trimmer Line
- Best .080 Trimmer Line For Landscaping 2022
Is The .080 Trimmer Line Good For Landscaping?
Yes, the 0.080 trimmer line is good for landscaping and garden maintenance. This trimmer line thickness is perfect for trimming and edging lawns that come with thin to thick grasses. It’s not an industrial heavy-duty trimmer line, but it is enough to help you maintain your lawn.
Although the 0.080 trimmer line is not the most powerful, some brands offer highly durable trimmer lines to take on heavy-duty trimming and weed eating. If you are looking for the best .80 string trimmer line available in the market, then make sure that you stick around. We are going to give you some of the best and highly recommended trimmer lines available in the market.
Quick Comparison Table
|A ANLEOLIFE 0.080 inch by 557 ft. String Trimmer Line||557 feet||● Multi-sided cord ● Square shape cutting tool ● Universal fit|
|Arnold Maxi-Edge .080 by 140 inches||140/240 inches||● Star-shaped wire for better cutting capacity. ● Universal fit.|
|Oregon Gatorline .080 Trimmer Line||413 inches||● Impact-resistant trimmer lines ● Easy to maintain. ● Universal fit but works well with semi-auto feed.|
|Weed Warrior Pulverizer Twist .080 Trimmer Line||100 inch||● Serrated design which gives efficient cutting capacity. ● Universal fit. ● Multifunctional use.|
|DeWalt Serrated .080 by 225 inch Trimmer Line||225 inch||● Serrated design for efficient cutting capacity. ● Impact -resistant materials|
Our Top Pick
To answer the question “what is the best .80 trimmer line?” A ANLEOLIFE 0.080 inch by 557 ft. String Trimmer Line is our top pick on our list.This trimmer line comes in a pack of 0.080 by 557 inches. It’s longer and a more cost-efficient replacement trimmer line available in the market.
- Compatible with many brands.
- Easy to install into the spool.
- Comes with various trimmer cutter shapes.
- Cuts grass with no worries.
- Made from durable material.
- It comes with an internal wire to make cutting much more effective.
- Works well on the edges.
Why Does The Trimmer Line Keep Breaking?
There are tons of reasons why trimmer lines keep breaking. One of them is improper trimming technique. It constantly hits hard surfaces like the concrete or the edges of your lawn. This causes more stress on your trimmer line. The more stress that your trimmer line gets, the faster it deteriorates in the long run.
Should I Go With Thicker Trimmer Lines?
This depends on the amount of grass that you have on your lawn. For lighter cutting, it is best to use trimmer lines with 0.06 to 0.085 thickness. This helps you cut into grass faster and much neater. However, if you have thicker grasses in your area, you should consider getting a thicker trimmer line for your garden.
Does Twisted Trimmer Line Perform Better?
It depends on the texture of your grasses. Some twisted trimmer lines work better on coarse and thicker grasses compared to round trimmer lines. It gives you cleaner cuts with less vibration and noise. However, the serrated trimmer lines are also not compatible with other string trimmers in the market.
Does The Material Of The Trimmer Line Matter?
Yes, they do matter. Some of the trimmer lines are made from thicker and more durable materials. The more durable the material, the lesser possibility of constantly breaking. You can choose from copolymer, nylon, and aluminum.
Can I Buy Other Brands Of Trimmer Lines?
Yes. You can. However, you need to make sure to research “what is the best .80 trimmer line?” for your edge trimmer or string trimmer. This will give you several options on the best replacement of trimmer lines for your device.
1. A ANLEOLIFE 0.080 inch by 557 ft. String Trimmer Line
The A Anleolife String Trimmer line is considered the best .80 weed eater line due to various reasons. One of them is its durable string trimmer line. It is made from the best 66 copolymer-nylon material. It comes in bright red color and can be used on many of the popular brands of hedge trimmers in the market.
- It comes with a straight edge cutter.
- Can cut easily into thicker weeds.
- Durable material. It doesn’t break easily.
- Easy to install.
- High cutting capacity; it can easily cut into small trees.
- Works with almost all brands of the string trimmer.
- It is easy to roll down into the spool.
- They are not 100% compatible. For example, the round cutter is not compatible with edge trimmers that are normally using square cutters.
- Not ideal with string trimmers with automatic feeders.
2. Arnold Maxi-Edge .080 by 140 inches
This trimmer line is considered one of the best commercial trimmer lines in the market. It comes in a light green color. It fits mostly all types of string trimmers on the market. One of the notable traits is its star shape cutter which is said to have a better cutting capacity.
- Highly compatible with almost all brands of string trimmers on the market.
- It gives you 7 refills when in use.
- Upon purchase, you will also be receiving a cutting tool.
- Gives you a clean cut on thin to thick grasses.
- You have two options when purchasing this product. Aside from the .080 by 140, it is also available in .080 by 280.
- This is the best .80 weed eater line with the right thickness and length.
- Aside from grasses, it can also cut into thick ivy vines.
- It breaks easily.
3. Oregon Gatorline .080 Trimmer Line
If you are looking for round trimmer lines, then the Oregon Gatorline 080 trimmer line is the best one for you. You can purchase this trimmer line in different weights. It is available in 50 feet, ranging from 0.5 to 5 pounds.
- Impact-resistant. It can withstand constant trimming.
- The round design makes it highly compatible with many trimming shafts on the market.
- It is made from a nylon polymer material.
- This trimmer line doesn’t produce any noise or vibrations when in use.
- Works best on low-medium grasses but with minimal weeds.
- Cuts better when working on rocky or concrete edges.
- Highly compatible with other brands of edge cutters.
It easily breaks and you can see some of the green debris of the string trimmer after using it.
4. Weed Warrior Pulverizer Twist .080 Trimmer Line
One of the notable features of this trimmer line is its serrated design. Coming in a red and white combination, this trimmer line comes in 080 by 100 inches. Aside from trimming low to medium grass, this trimmer line also works better in eliminating all kinds of weeds in your garden.
- The serrated design gives you a more efficient cutting capacity.
- It is made from nylon resins which give the trimmer line a more durable build.
- The trimmer line’s design reduces noise and vibration when the trimmer line is in use.
- It comes with a universal fit and works well with many brands of trimmer lines and weed eaters in the market.
- Efficiently cuts grass regardless of how thick they are.
- Increase the run time up to 15%
- Easily breaks when you use it on medium to thick weeds.
5. DeWalt Serrated .080 by 225 inch Trimmer Line
This trimmer line comes in the classic yellow and black DeWalt trademark colors. This 080 trimmer line comes in a serrated or twisted shape trimmer line. This trimmer line was created to do heavy-duty lawn maintenance; from grass cutting down to weed whacking.
- Easy to install and use.
- It comes with a universal fit.
- The serrated design is perfect for cutting medium to thick grasses.
- Also works well in cutting low to medium thick weeds.
- It doesn’t disrupt the bump feeder when in use.
- Noiseless and doesn’t produce any vibrations.
- The line doesn’t break so easily.
- It takes a lot of time to dispense the string.
Having the best .080 trimmer line can do a lot of things in your garden. It saves you the money of getting another professional to maintain it. However, when choosing the best .080 trimmer line, you need to consider the type of weeds and grass that you have at home. Regardless of how expensive and durable your trimmer line is, if it is not made for your terrain, then you are wasting your money. Do your research before buying one of the best trimmer lines for your string trimmer. That way, you won’t be creating a dent in your wallet.