Do not settle for just any .155 trimmer line that you see in the market. Make sure that you get nothing but the best .155 trimmer line for your lawn and garden needs!
Having the best .155 trimmer line plays an important role in keeping your lawn in good condition. Oftentimes, we don’t mind buying a cheap .155 trimmer line. As long as it works as a string trimmer, then it doesn’t matter. However, getting the best trimmer line can do a lot of things for your lawnmower and landscaping.
- What’s A String Trimmer?
- Quick Comparison Table: Best .155 Trimmer Lines
- String Trimmer Size Guide
- What To Look For In The Best .155 Trimmer Line?
- Our Top Picks
What’s A String Trimmer?
String trimmers are the small tools that can help you clear the weeds in your lawn. String trimmers can be electric-powered or gas-powered depending on your preference. A string trimmer makes landscaping easier to manage. However, choosing the right string makes a big difference in how to clean your lawn.
If you are one of the few who are looking for the best .155 string trimmer line for their string trimmer, then you are in luck. In this article, we might just give you an idea of which trimmer line is best for your needs.
Quick Comparison Table: Best .155 Trimmer Lines
|Greenworks 40V Cordless String Cutter and Blower Combo||280 ft||Tough nylon|
|The Maxi-Edge Commercial Trimmer Line Size 0.155||117 ft||Tough Nylon|
|Maxi-Edge Professional Xtreme Trimmer Line||109 ft||Copolymer Nylon|
|Oregon Magnum Gatorline .155||246 ft||Tough Nylon|
|PowerSmart PS76115A Cordless Trimmer and Blower Combo||315 ft||Special Copolymer Nylon|
String Trimmer Size Guide
Before you start choosing your trimmer lines, you must learn more about the thickness of your trimmer lines. Each size has a specific type of lawn work. If you are unsure what to get, then you need to figure out the best trimmer line sizes for your lawn needs.
If you aren’t doing any heavy-duty lawn cutting, then you should get 0.065 to 0.085 inches. This trimmer line size is perfect for light mowing.
For medium-sized lawns with slightly thick grasses, you can opt for the 0.110 inches. This trimmer line size can help you clean out the thick weeds and grasses on your lawn with no problems.
However, if you are cleaning a commercial lot or a bigger property with thick grasses and weeds, the 0.155 trimmer line size is the perfect one for you. It has the perfect width and power to eliminate unwanted grasses in bigger spaces.
What To Look For In The Best .155 Trimmer Line?
Finding the best trimmer line is not an easy task for many of us. You must know some of the features of what is the best trimmer line? This way, you rest assured that this trimmer line can withstand the wear and tear of daily usage, especially during the summer and spring seasons.
One of the things that you need to look at in a trimmer line.155 is the material it is made of. Trimmer lines are made up of different things. Nylon lines are one of the commonly used trimmer lines in the market. However, it wears easily compared to the other types of lines. Oftentimes, these lines are used for light cleaning only. It cannot withstand the heavy-duty cleaning.
If you are someone who is often cleaning thicker grasses and bigger spaces, then opt for the reinforced composite nylon or the reinforced nylon with aluminum additives. These two reinforced nylons are stronger than the nylon trimmer line.
The Shape Of The Trimmer Line
Aside from the material, it is also important that you consider the shape of the trimmer line. The shape of the trimmer line can affect its cutting and speed efficiency. Thus, make sure to consider the shape as well.
The round trimmer lines are often used for light mowing. This is because they don’t have that cutting efficiency compared to the star-shaped trimmer lines or the square trimmer lines. These two shapes are your best options for heavy-duty trimming.
Our Top Picks
Now that we have written some of the important things that you should look for in the best .155 trimmer line, you might as well check out some of your top recommendations on the best .155 trimmer lines in the market. Who knows, you might just be able to find the best one for your needs.
1. A Aneolife Commercial Trimmer Line (0.155 inches)
This commercial trimmer line is one of the commercial trimmer lines that is often used in the market. It comes with a bright orange trimmer line. This trimmer line comes in different trimmer line sizes; it has the thinnest one down to the thickest one. They also come with a gift cutter upon purchase.
- This trimmer line is a multi-sided cutter. It doesn’t matter which side you use, it still cuts efficiently.
- Its Nylon material is made up of 66 nylon copolymer which makes it a heavy-duty trimmer line.
- It can be used as a replacement trimmer line for many brands of string trimmers like Craftsman, Weeds Eater, etc.
- It’s lighter compared to other trimmer lines 0.155 in the market
- It is a heavy-duty cutting that can even cut small trees.
- It comes with a trimmer line cutter.
- It cleans up efficiently and neatly.
- It doesn’t work for string trimmers with auto-feed trimmers
- Pricey compared to its competitors.
2. The Maxi-Edge Commercial Trimmer Line Size 0.155
The Maxi-Edge Commercial Trimmer line is known to be one of the best producers of the best trimmer lines in the market. This trimmer line cutter comes in different sizes and is universally used on different lawn mowers and string trimmer brands in the market. If you opt to buy this trimmer line you will get 7 refills and a star-shaped cutting tool for a better cleaning experience.
- The product is well packaged.
- This trimmer line can cut large areas and thicker grasses and weeds
- It is economically friendly compared to other trimmer lines in the market.
- It works well with all brands of lawnmowers and string trimmers, be it gas or electric-powered
- It comes with a string cutter for a better cleaning experience
- It comes with various trimmer line sizes for different kinds of trimming
- It cleans areas neatly with no problems at all.
- This trimmer line works efficiently but it breaks more often compared to its competitor.
3. Maxi-Edge Professional Xtreme Trimmer Line
The Professional Line is another heavy-duty .155 trimmer line from Arnold Maxi-Edge. This trimmer line comes in 109 feet. You can use up to 6 refills on your lawnmower. This trimmer line is best used for walk-behind edgers. It comes with a cutting tool upon purchase
- Heavy-duty trimming and cleaning.
- The product is well packaged. It keeps the lines in order and tangle-free.
- Cheaper compared to its competitors.
- It cuts well on thick grasses and even burdocks and privet
- It doesn’t snap compared to other trimmer lines.
- The strings last long if you use them on thick grasses only
- Compatible with most walk-behind edgers in the market
- You might need to change the trimmer lines more often if used on thick bushes and burdocks.
4. Oregon Magnum Gatorline .155
Unlike the other trimmer lines in the market, the Oregon Magnum Gatorline is one of the few that has that unique coloring. Most of these trimmer lines have red or even orange color. But this line has a metallic gray finish that gives off an industrial feel on the trimmer line.
- It comes square-shaped which makes it have a stronger cutting efficiency.
- It comes in different lengths and weights.
- This line is durable. Its inner core is strengthened to avoid immediate breakage
- Straighter and cleaner cuts due to their shape and thickness.
- Almost versatile, it can fit any type of lawnmower and string trimmers except the Remington RM1159
- Less rewinding problem due to good quality strings
- Less noise on when used in your lawnmower or string trimmer
- The line wears off on heavy-duty cleaning.
5. Cyclone CY155S3 Commercial Line Trimmer
The Cyclone CY155S3 comes with a 6-sided star-shaped trimmer line and bright red color. A lot of people considered this as one of the best commercial trimmer lines for the trimmer line .155 because of this design. It cuts better and is more efficient than other trimmer lines of the same size in the market.
- This trimmer line has a copolymer foundation that strengthens the trimmer line when it is in use.
- Upon purchase, you will receive a 310 feet long wire which is longer compared to other brands.
- It is a perfect commercial trimmer line for people with large properties
- Heavy-duty trimmer line, it can withstand heavy-duty cutting.
- Very pliable. It works better when soaked with water before using.
- It cuts well on thicker grasses and bushes.
- It works well with all kinds of lawnmowers, walk-behind edgers, and string trimmers.
- This trimmer line is heavy and not good for the pregnant and the elderly.
Getting the best .155 trimmer line is a crucial process. You must take all of this into consideration. That way, you get the quality trimmer lines to help you maintain your lawn from becoming an urban jungle. Make sure that you do your research before buying one. That way, you will get the best quality trimmer line to fit your needs.